Sales Retention Account Associate - Lewisville, TX
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Account Associate I (IAM - TEAM) generates shareholder value by
using a consultative retention based selling approach for
Small/Medium commercial Waste Management customers as part of a
team-based queue. The IAM - TEAM manages existing business
relationships focused on achieving budgeted retention goals by
developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing
strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing and
updating contract agreements from WM customers as well as growing
revenues from existing customers. The role of the IAM - TEAM is to
maintain a net positive business performance in the commercial
space through proactive outreach, account retention and revenue
protection efforts to maintain a mutually beneficial alignment
between the customer and WM's growth goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Customer interaction (external and internal), response & follow
- Serves as the lead point of contact for customer account
management matters as part of a team-based queue, establish and
maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with internal and
external customers, and build and maintain strong, long-lasting
- Aligns Waste Management products and services with customer
needs, propose solutions that are compliant with appropriate local,
state and federal regulations, and increase account penetration
through consultative selling skills.
- Negotiates, updates, and renews customer service agreements to
maximize profits by providing ongoing education of contract details
and use of strong negotiation skills.
- Resolves challenging customer requests and collaborate with the
Inside Sales Manager to resolve all customer escalations or
- Communicate rates, charges and service strategies with
conviction as well as understand and effectively use customer
incentives and concessions within appropriate profit targets and
level of authority.
- Collaborates with sales team to identify and grow opportunities
within territory and engage additional WM business opportunities,
referring internally as appropriate.
- Administrative work.
- Use Waste Management sales productivity software tools
accurately and consistently (i.e. Salesforce.com/Customer
Relationship Management and Pricing Tools).
- Prepares reports as needed and/or handle general administrative
duties as appropriate.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One (1) year of business-to-business account
management experience at a proficient level (in addition to
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to effectively convert customer cancellation requests
into long term relationships.
- Ability to effectively build relationships across a wide
variety of business types.
- Ability to multi-task and perform computer duties across
multiple screens while on phone with customers addressing issues or
concerns in a professional tone and temperament.
- Proficient in time management and in computer skills - Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Positive attitude that enjoys assisting and providing solutions
- High impact communication in written and verbal manner.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to utilize sound business practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Lewisville , Sales Retention Account Associate - Lewisville, TX, Sales , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!