Forklift Operator (1st Shift)
Company: Nucor Steel Auburn, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Details Division: [[division_obj]] Location: [[filter4]] ,
[[filter3]] , [[filter2]] Other Available Locations: [[mfield1]]
Basic Job Functions:
- Operates a gas or electric forklift in and between departments,
building and grounds following safety rules at all times.
- Must load and unloads trucks based on load sheet, working
outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Collects and delivers a wide variety of materials, adhering to
good safety practices in carrying out duties.
- Stacks materials in storage areas and loads shipments in
- Maintain general cleanliness of grounds, including emptying
dumpster; unload foam trailers; picking up refuse and removing snow
- Perform preventive and operating maintenance such as checking
fluid levels, greasing, and cleaning equipment.
- Serves as a backup to tie down trucks at a height of 15 feet
and assist with any operations in the area as required or directed,
to maintain workflow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work in all-weather outdoor
- Able to work flexible hours 1012-hour shifts.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force
groups to integrate activities, obtain approvals, resolve problems,
and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new
developments, requirements, and policies. Safety is the most
important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must
be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold
safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards
at all times. Minimum Qualifications:
- 1 year operation of a sit-down forklift with a capacity of 9000
lbs Preferred Qualifications:1 year experience handling oversized
loads with combilift or similar Nucor is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets and a
drug free workplace
Keywords: Nucor Steel Auburn, Inc., Lewisville , Forklift Operator (1st Shift), Professions , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!