Maintenance Lead #1480
Company: XL Pro Staffing and Consulting
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Schedule:6AM to Finish
Hourly Rate:$20 + DOE
Job Description:This position is responsible for maintaining the
integrity of the production equipment and plant facility in a
conscientious and reliable manner, consistent with Company/USDA/FDA
standards. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge
and experience in developing and managing a maintenance team, and
activities to ensure superior food safety while maximizing
equipment uptime. The right candidate will ensure compliance with
company policies, safety standards, federal and state environmental
standards, and regulations to drive industry best practices
including Preventative Maintenance and Environmental programs. This
position is a direct report to the Maintenance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety
training. Maintain safe and efficient use of electrical testing
equipment. Report any injury or accident or unsafe conditions
immediately to management.
- Start up and operate production machinery and facility support
equipment. Must learn and understand all production machine
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in
electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
systems in the maintenance and repair of machinery and
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication, and installation
activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to production
specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operations, maintenance, and repair activities to
obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls at the production lines and
interact with the production personnel in a kind and cordial
- Demonstrate solid electromechanical skills regarding the
troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical and electrical
components such as PLC's and VFD's, plumbing, pneumatics, and
- Diagnose problems, to determine a root cause.
- Able to assist and train maintenance personnel on how to
rebuild cylinders, valves, and pumps and at times fabricate parts
for emergency breakdowns.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance personnel completes their
- Inventory spare parts and report usage.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure maintenance personnel
understands instructions, other duties include basic repairs within
the office and facility on furniture, HVAC, restroom fixture
repairs, unclog drains, repair lighting, and other components and
systems within the facility.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area; properly maintains
- Hands-on supervisor - troubleshooting identifying worn parts &
rebuilding machine assemblies, pumps, valves, actuators, and any
Skills - Knowledge - Abilities
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is preferred
- Hands-on experience in Mechanical / Electrical, logic ladder
skills. Must be able to read wire diagrams, schematic,
refrigeration, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Initiative-taking, confident, energetic and possess the ability
to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Technically oriented, comfortable around machinery and plant
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in
writing with individuals at all levels of the organization and
outside of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects and
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as
food-grade grease, oils, and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather
elements includes, but is not limited to, extreme temperatures,
wetness, and humidity.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such
as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical
hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the daily ability to stand, sit at a desk,
walk around the production lines and plant; carry packages up to 75
pounds; utilize fine dexterity; reaching and kneel daily. Requires
the ability to see, hear and communicate with associates as well as
others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Ability to work at heights of 6 feet or higher.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
or without notice.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a
Multi Trade team-oriented environment.
- Flexible to work scheduled shifts including evenings, weekends,
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Education or 3 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination.
Keywords: XL Pro Staffing and Consulting, Lewisville , Maintenance Lead #1480, Professions , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!