Telemetry Monitor Technician
Company: Medical City Lewisville
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Telemetry TechMedical City LewisvilleShift: Full Time Days
(rotating weekends)Position Summary:The Telemetry Tech is
responsible for performing the clerical tasks required by the ICU
and is also responsible for monitoring the EKG patterns of
telemetry patients. The Telemetry Tech functions as a receptionist
for the Unit and responds to the patient call systems. In addition,
the Telemetry Tech is responsible for promptly notifying the ICU RN
when EKG patterns change.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notifies nurse in timely manner of patient changes as indicated
- Attends staff meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department.
- Professional when working with other departments.
- Assists on floor as needed.
- Observes continual EKG rhythms for patient on telemetry.
- Runs telemetry rhythm strips and places on patient medical
- Record data in telemetry log book.
- Transcribes physician orders.
- Computer order entry.
- Manual order entry during computer down time.
- Clerical Duties related to Nursing Unit activities.
- Operates the Nursing Unit Patient Call system.
- Use and trouble shooting of computer printers.
- Orders unit office supplies.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers
and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to
ensuring quality patient care
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Performs responsibilities consistent with the needs of
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.QualificationsEducation:
- Completion of medical terminology course
- BLS Certification from HCA approved vendorExperience:
- Previous Unit Clerk experience or demonstrated ability in order
entry and medical terminology.Specific Requirements:
- Completion of cardiac rhythm interpretation course.
- Successful test score on rhythm interpretation test prior to
completion of initial employment period.Special Qualifications:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with physicians,
employees, patients and families.At Medical City, you have options.
You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for
you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if
eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select
additional -- la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in
our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match -
3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts
for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition
reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid
personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home,
and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.About Medical
City Lewisville:Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing
high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to providing
family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team
of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and
compassionate environment.Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is
a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour
emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent
customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are
proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare
associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their
professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced
technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you
- our treasured patients - with the highest quality health care in
a comfortable and compassionate setting.Our Talent Acquisition team
is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today
to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
NoticeOur Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville , Telemetry Monitor Technician, Professions , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!