Company: Mary Kay
Posted on: November 16, 2020
Looking for a career where you can make a difference? At Mary Kay
we are committed to enriching the lives of women and their families
around the world, we offer careers with unlimited opportunities to
do something beautiful every day. More than 5,000 employees work in
locations around the world. They provide the products, marketing
and other support to millions of Independent Beauty Consultants
(IBCs) who work as independent contractors, selling our products
directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
We are a company that believes in our people and cares for them
with truly exceptional benefits. We offer:
- A comprehensive health plan which includes medical, dental, and
vision with low premiums
- 401(k) plan
- A generous profit-sharing program
- Free access to on-site fitness center and on-site clinic
Works in a team environment under minimal supervision with the
responsibility for assisting in the design, development,
installation, management, and modification of equipment which is
used to control and monitor industrial systems and processes. In
addition, assist, plans, and manage projects relating to general
construction/mechanical, electrical & plumbing (MEP) projects at
Mary Kay Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of project plans including project
scope, cost/benefit analysis, design basis, success criteria,
timelines, resources, critical assumptions,
commissioning/qualification start-up plans; assist in the
negotiation of equipment and performance service contracts.
Demonstrates strong project management, interpersonal skills, and
the ability to direct/motivate cross-functional project teams that
are essential to this role.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to upgrade current
equipment and systems performance. Upholds and maintains
Engineering design standards and will be responsible for
engineering specifications, documentation, standardization, quality
assurance, service delivery methods and cost /value analysis.
Ensures compliance with applicable standards, rules and
regulations. Manages system and equipment upgrades, expansions and
- Manages the efforts of internal team members and outside
contract firms to provide effective project support and
communication. Interfaces heavily with the contract supervisor or
general contractor regarding minor and complex issues relating to
- Oversees implementation of safety plan in accordance with Mary
Kay Inc. Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) department guidelines
for all assigned work. Maintains an awareness of Engineering
responsiveness to Government Agency compliance, i.e., FDA, OSHA,
City of Dallas, City of Lewisville, etc., regarding such items as
process and system validation.
- Attends and participates in capital project meetings, reviews,
testing, studies and risk assessments. Communicates project status
to all departments with associated involvement in the project.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5+ years of progressive experience in
construction/ Industrial project management in semi-industrial,
laboratory setting (including managing several concurrent
pharmaceutical, food & beverage, or related industry.
- Possess hands-on experience in the design,
development, installation, and testing of new control systems.
- Possess hands-on experience with AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS (3D
modeling/simulations) or Autodesk Inventor (3D modeling)/ Autodesk
- Some experience with ABB control systems, or
other programming system.
- Must have ability to read/interpret plans and
specifications for any project.
- Must demonstrate skills in quickly organizing
and evaluating information to provide options for solutions to
- Must have strong working knowledge of project
management, including project planning, establishing budgets,
contractors and consultants and completing projects within the
schedules and budgets.
- Must have the ability to provide sound input
and overall technical direction for projects.
- Should have knowledge of machine design,
hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, and motor controls.
- Experience using precision measurement tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft systems and
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must be willing and able to travel
domestically and internationally overnight approximately 0-5% of
Keywords: Mary Kay, Lewisville , Engineer Facilities, Professions , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!