Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: November 14, 2023
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Team Lead ("TL") position assists theGeneral Manager ("GM") in
managing the hotel operations on a day-to-daybasis toensure optimum
performance and continual improvement in the Key Performance
Indicators and 100% guest satisfaction. The TL resolves guest and
associate issues, and performs other duties as required to develop
efficiency and profitability in all aspects of property management.
The TL assumes the GM's responsibilities when required. The TL also
must ensure that safety and security procedures are in place in
accordance with company guidelines and standards for all associates
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests.
- Assists the GM in ensuring that associates at the property are
driving company initiatives to increase revenue, lower costs and
increase guest and associate satisfaction.
- Trains associates on company standards and job performance
expectations when the GM is not available.
- Upholds and enforces company standards and policy compliance at
the hotel level. The associate must promote compliance with company
policies and procedures, including but not limited to the prompt
reporting of all safety and security issues directly to the manager
or to the appropriate authorities.
- Assists the GM in monitoring in-house guest balances and direct
bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of
- Assists with monitoring monthly inventory of supplies and
equipment. Ensures that day- to-day purchases are within budget and
with approved vendors. Assists the GM in maximizing revenues and
flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
- Serves as first level of contact for guest service issues.
Resolves guest issues or determines necessity to escalate to the GM
- Position must embrace the company's service culture and treat
all guest and associates with professionalism, respect and
- Instills 100% guest satisfaction objective to hourly
- Assists with certain sales-related activities to increase
occupancy, such as supporting the GM by seeking out potential
business in the local market and making sales calls and other
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel
including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties when
needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel.
- Inspects guest rooms.
- Assists with active review and monitoring of social media
websites to ensure timely and appropriate responses.
- Weekly Pay!
- Competitive Wages
- Great working environment
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Perks Progam offering discounts to major companies
Pay range information for the position you are applying for is
Disclaimer: Compensation may vary based on role, level, experience,
length of time in a position, and
location. Candidates are not guaranteed to be at the high or low
end of the compensation ranges
presented. The Company complies with applicable federal, state, and
local minimum wage requirements.
For Colorado, Washington, California, Applicants Only:
Team Lead Full Time - $17.02 - $24.00 Hourly
For New York City (Whitestone) Applicants Only:
Team Lead Full Time - $29.37 Hourly KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES &
- Able to comprehend fundamental instructions, write short
correspondence, and memos. Solid English skills with regard to
reading, writing and verbal communication to be able to communicate
effectively with guests, associates, and outside vendors.
- Ability to operate the property management system
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions.
- Supervisory skills to oversee daily activities of 8 to 15
- Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that daily
operations are performed at peak efficiency.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and
parking lot; handle, reach, and detect objects, tools and controls;
and detect scent and sounds.
- Occasionally required to position self to access low areas and
traverse heights and remain stable while doing so.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate
frequently works in outside weather conditions (depending on
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions
(non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the
presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment will typically be at moderate to loud
- Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations
within a reasonable geography.
- Associate may be asked to travel to cover additional sites
during the GM's absence.
- Prior hotel experience is required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is desired.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the
policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in
all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under
applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Lewisville , Team, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!