Patient Safety Attendant PRN
Company: Medical City Lewisville
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Patient Safety Attendant PRN you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical
City Lewisville which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsMedical City
Lewisville, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Patient Safety Attendant PRN where your passion
for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Patient Safety Attendant (PSA)
participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing
continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In
collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the
patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of
falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The PSA may also
assist with basic activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times,
including while family and/or visitors are in the room.
- Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during
transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the
patient's normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing
knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures,
and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and
after any visitations.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and
activity during the shift.
- Performs other duties as needed when not providing direct
patient observation. Assists nursing staff with tasks such as
transporting patients, delivering equipment and supplies,
transporting specimens, delivering patient trays, answering phones,
and assisting visitors.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and
positively promotes the rest of the team to
patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve
department and inter-department processes.
- Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- No Travel Travel Required
- No experience Required Years of Experience
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).Medical City Lewisville
is a full-service 190+ bed medical and surgical facility. We offer
a broad spectrum of care to the communities of southern Denton
County. We have emergency services at our main campus and at
Medical City ER Flower Mound. Our patient tower has two floors
dedicated to women's services. We have a specialty obstetrics
referral center for high risk OB services. We have a Level III
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Medical City Lewisville is a Level
III Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center. Excellent customer
service and patient safety are our top priorities. We have over 360
physicians and 800 healthcare associates. We offer a supportive
environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines. This
allows us to treat our patients with the highest quality health
care in a comfortable setting. We are a part of the Medical City
network of hospitals and specialists. Our patients are ensured
access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare
innovations across the network.HCA Healthcare has been recognized
as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Patient Safety Attendant PRN opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville , Patient Safety Attendant PRN, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...