Medical Technologist Group Lead
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Medical Technologist Group Lead - Lewisville, TX - Monday-Friday
(Rotational Saturday)Department: Clin Lab - Microbio
GeneralPerformtest procedures of moderate/high complexity requiring
the exercise of independent judgement and responsibility in those
specialties in which they are qualified by education,trainingand
experience.Assist Lab Supervisor and serve as a technical resource
for the department.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all duties of a Medical Technologist
I and II.
- Perform and report on assigned analytical tests in accordance
with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) ensuring that
applicable quality control requirements are met.
- Actively support and comply with laboratory policies and
procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis,
reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Adhere to analytical schedules to maintain turnaround time of
resultsincluding STATS or critical results to clients.
- Perform, reviewand document QC analysis toensure accuracy of
clinical data and proper instrument function. Make quality control
decisions regarding the disposition of an assay or test.
- Review requests for validity checks and recommend an
appropriate course of actiontaking into accountthe limitations of
specimen requirements and the effects of time and the quality of
additional and/or repeat testing.
- Serve as a technical resource for the department by
investigating and resolving analytical testing problems,
recommending a course of action in instances identified as beyond
acceptable limits, and responding to non-routine/complex inquiries
and/or requests from clients and sales representatives.
- Assist Lab Supervisor by monitoringworkflowto meet testing
schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; training
employees in laboratory techniques; resolving work-related problems
of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and
- Expedite the flow of work to maximize productive capacity by
evaluating production systems and recommending enhancements and
coordinating the resolution of production problems/issues involving
other laboratory departments.
- Maintain laboratory areas and equipment in a safe,functionaland
- Complete training and competency checklists as appropriateand
assist with the department's annual competency testing process and
- Adheres to all established CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, andlaboratory
safety requirementsand reviews department activities to ensure
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b)
engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed
- Participate in government or regulatory agency inspections, if
- Perform necessary supervisor functions in the absence of a
Supervisor,if qualified and delegated.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of
work performed by the position.
QUALIFICATIONS Required WorkExperience:Three (3) tofive (5) years
of clinical experienceas a Medical Technologistwithin the
designated discipline.Foreign educated candidates must provide a
detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education
Research Foundation). The United States educated candidates must
provide a detailed original transcript.Preferred Work
Experience:Experience as a Medical Technologist at Quest is highly
desired.Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual and automated
pipettes and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of which
demand significant manual dexterity.Knowledge:
- Comprehensivetheoretical and operational job knowledge in
designated specialty required.
- Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and
- Proven leadershipand problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented,have the ability towork independently,
establish work prioritiesfor self and othersand to handle several
tasks simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Ability to schedule and manage resources to meet department
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and
effectively with supervisors,co-workersand clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word,Excel, and Outlook) and
Laboratory Information Systems.EDUCATION Bachelor's
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Lewisville , Medical Technologist Group Lead, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...