BIM Modeler (Dallas)
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: May 21, 2023
The BIM [Revit VDC] Modeler will report to and receive direction
from project BIM team members and the various project-level
management teams. This role will generate content for the
organization's VDC team to utilize in a variety of ways, including
but not limited to construction sequence planning, proposals, shop
drawings, spooling, pre-assembly and pre-fabrication efforts,
safety orientations, and task planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Receiving, processing, and archiving of model files from
designers, Hoffman staff and trade subcontractors.
- Development of model components from ideas to prototypes,
shop/approval drawings and jigging/assembly concepts through
- Assist in the development of sequencing and assembly steps and
communication of these steps to stakeholders graphically
- Creation of bill of materials/cut lists and support of pricing
and estimating efforts (5D).
- Perform QC review of work personally produced prior to issue to
other teams and assist in QA review of work produced by other
modelers within the team.
- Facilitate the exchange and coordination of the 3D model
elements with consultants and contractor/fabricators.
- Participate in technological collaboration between project team
members, client, architect, builder, consultants, subcontractors,
- Provide input to Hoffman's VDC Director and Hoffman's IT
Manager regarding computer hardware and software tools.
- Maintain model libraries and model standards, project archives,
- Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently, make quick and effective
decisions, and follow through on all assignments within defined
- Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational
and problem-solving skills to determine best method to accomplish
- Must be able to plan and organize work
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and
have a high level of competency to read/write/speak English,
interpret construction related documentation and communicate with
- 2-5 years' experience in architectural, engineering or
construction (AEC) industry or similar experience in a relevant
Manufacturing industry with a focus on production modeling and
detailing using 3D model objects.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency using model authoring
software such as Revit, SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.
- Working knowledge of Navisworks clash detection.
- Strong verbal, written and electronic communication skills for
responding to information requests and tasks.
- Work schedule must be flexible to allow extended periods of
overtime or off-shift work to accommodate changing construction
- Experience routing conduit.
- Understanding of building controls systems, HPM, LSS and fire
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Lewisville , BIM Modeler (Dallas), Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...