TRCC Emergency Call Take Professional
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Brand New Location in The Colony, Covered Parking and Outdoor
Space!Transfer Capabilities across the entire GMR footprint. We
invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical
experts, pilots, dispatchers and mechanics!Our mission of providing
care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of
everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will
be there when you need us.With more than 38,000 employees, Global
Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care,
primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services
around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as
well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster
response.JOB SUMMARYIt is the responsibility of the Call Taker
functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is
responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing
requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources.
The Call Taker will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
- Answer all non-emergent and emergent EMS calls for service
while collecting important information from the caller, determining
the caller's needs and entering the required information into the
Computer Aided Dispatch System, and notify other service agencies
for action as required. Respond to customer needs accordingly.
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency
Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical
Dispatch (and as customized by GMR) as a minimum standard of
- Speak in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining a
professional appearance and courteous demeanor with all internal or
external customers to ensure a professional working
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of
paperwork related to their position prior to completion of
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for
- Assist dispatchers as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure mutual organizational
goals are pursued and achieved.
- Support, maintain and uphold established corporate and
departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement
and safety standards.
- Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and
development through continuing education, conferences, and
- Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude, and
commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and
- Maintain all department required certifications/licensures,
working knowledge of applicable center equipment and applications,
attend department meetings, training sessions and participate in
quality improvement activities as they relate to all established
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights,
- Must type 30 wpm and pass CritiCall Exam with a minimum score
- Other duties as defined by formal job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skilled in reading and writing English
- Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone
- Ability to record, transmit, and report information
- Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to
efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls
- Ability to understand basic computer applications
- Minimal medical training or telecommunications experience or,
have at least one year's experience as an EMS or public safety
- Availability to work Nights, Weekends and Holidays WORKING
CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to perform job duties in
a fast-paced environment
- Attention divided between issues requiring multi-tasking
- Deal with emergency and time sensitive situation on an ongoing
- Able to perform under circumstances of emotional stress
- Ability to make quick and accurate critical decisions
Frequently required to sit for long
periods of timeSpecific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.Hearing: Perceiving the
nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral
communication and making fine discriminations in sound. GUIDING
VALUES AND BEHAVIORSEmployee must consistently exhibit our guiding
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for
our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPSReports to
Communications Supervisor and Communications
ManagerInterrelationships: Communications Center-Communicators,
Supervisors, and Director; Clinicians EEO STATEMENTGlobal Medical
Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity
Employer including Veterans and Disabled. If your passion assisting
with helping the community in their time of need where every second
counts, apply today! *Get paid to work with your friends! GMR is
looking for people like you! GMR Employees, if you know someone
like you, have them add your name to their application and receive
a Referral Cash Bonus! PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a
condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with
the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and
joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your
COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing for individuals with a disability.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Lewisville , TRCC Emergency Call Take Professional, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...