Head of School - Lakeland Christian Academy
Company: Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Lakeland Christian Academy
Head of School
Lewisville, TX, 75067
Full-time Salary, Medical Coverage, and Retirement
How to Apply:
Submit resume with references and cover letter to Dr. Donald
Imagine a school where your Christian values are supported,
teachers are caring, students are actively engaged in their
learning, administration is proactive, and athletic and other
extra-curricular opportunities are plentiful. Also, imagine that
this is possible for a very affordable price. That is what Lakeland
Christian Academy (LCA) is! LCA has been a ministry of Lakeland
Baptist Church (LBC) in Lewisville, TX, for over 30 years and
currently has 260 students enrolled from Preschool-9th Grade.
Since our current Head of School, Mr. Freddie Cullins, will be
retiring at the end of this academic year, the LCA Board of
Directors is conducting a search for our next Head of School. The
LCA Board of Directors is seeking a new Head of School, who walks
closely and maturely in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ,
loves the local church, possesses proven leadership experience in
Christian education, relates and communicates well to others, and
exhibits strong administrative skills.This individual must be
called by God to the role of Head of School for LCA.
The Head of School shall have charge of the administration of the
LCA schools under the direction of the Board. As chief executive
officer of LCA, he or she shall have the primary responsibility for
execution of Board policies. The Board shall retain the primary
responsibility for formulating and adopting said policies. The Head
of School shall perform and carry out duties and responsibilities
that include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising, directing and determining, subject to the approval
of the Board, all matters related to the business and affairs of
LCA including courses of study, methods of instruction, adoption of
textbooks, supervision of children and teachers, interviewing,
assignment and employment of teachers, supervision of all
departments, employees and contractors, including but not limited
to custodial services, financial budget, food services,
transportation and such other powers and duties as usually pertain
to such office(s) or as may from time to time be prescribed by the
Board of Directors of LCA.
- Making recommendations to the Board concerning regulations,
rules and procedures deemed appropriate for the well ordering of
- Submitting all personnel being considered for Administrative
positions (e.g., Principal, Athletic Director, Pre-school Director,
etc.) to the Board prior to any job offer, since the Board must
interview and approve all persons and contracts for all
- Organizing, reorganizing and arranging the administrative and
supervisory staffs, including instruction and business affairs,
which in his or her judgment best serves LCA;
- Staffing LCA with competent individuals who are delegated
authority commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Assuming responsibility for selection, placement and transfer
of personnel subject to approval by the Board;
- Defining the duties of all personnel;
- Keeping such records as will show the Board at all times the
true fiscal condition of LCA; and
- Performing all duties relative to the office of Head of School
and other such duties as prescribed by the Board from time to
- The Employee shall also serve as the principal for the
elementary and intermediate grades of LCA and perform the powers
and duties as usually pertain to a principal or as may from time to
time be prescribed by the Board.
- Have earned a Master's degree in educational
administration/supervision or equivalent.
- Have experience in educational administration, preferably in a
Christian school setting.
- Possess basic human resource management (HR Laws) knowledge and
- Have experience hiring and managing staff of teachers and
- Have experience overseeing all areas of a school including
class structure,curriculum selection, staffing and budget.
- Be familiar with the accrediting requirements of ACSI and
- Publicly profess to be a believer in Jesus Christ, who has been
scripturally baptized by immersion authorized and performed by a
- Have a lifestyle that reflects a maturity and intimacy with God
and which exemplifies Biblical principles (e.g., a daily time of
prayer and Bible study, obedience to God's Word, confession and
repentance of sin, service in the local church, witnessing,
- Have a Christian worldview.
- Have the ability to lead in a Godly manner.
- Be an active member of Lakeland Baptist Church (i.e., one who
completes the church's formal membership requirements, attends
worship service and Sunday School each Sunday, engages in service,
and practices regular, generous giving) and agree with and
subscribe to the Statement of Faith and Beliefs held by Lakeland
Baptist Church and Statement of Faith and Beliefs and Philosophy of
Education set forth in the Bylaws of Lakeland Baptist Education
PERSONAL AND GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to build and lead effectively in a team environment and
to mentor other leaders and create a supportive work
- Demonstrate and always exhibit a professional
- Ability to think strategically and to analyze complex
- Ability to lead in long range planning for future growth in
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Head of School serves as the President and Chief Executive
Officer of LCA, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors,
and as general manager and headmaster of Lakeland Christian Academy
and is authorized by the Board of Directors to oversee all areas of
LCA, including but not limited to:
- Academic structure
- Curriculum selection
- Staffing and supervision of staff
- Facility scheduling
- Accreditation processes
- Establishment and implementation of policies
- Legal agreements between school and other parties
- In addition, the Head of School performs and/or directs all
other duties as, from time to time, may be assigned by the LCA
Board of Directors.
- Relationship with the Board
- Work directly with the Chairman and Members of the LCA Board of
- Present operational and financial reports to the Board of
Directors as pertaining to any and all school matters once each
quarter or more often as requested by the Board.
- Will attend Board meetings as specified by the Board
- Make recommendations to the Board on issues related to
personnel, discipline (both student and faculty), curriculum,
policy, parents, budget, facilities, equipment, calendar and any
area pertaining to LCA.
- Know and implement the policies of the school as determined by
the Board of Directors.
- Serve as liaison between Board of Directors and school
administration, school faculty, students, parents, and the
- Manage the daily operation of grades K-8th grade and oversight
- Implement the mission and educational operating policies of
Lakeland Christian Academy.
- Work with the Parent/Teacher organization in coordinating
- Create and supervise an appropriate and strong management team
for the school.
- Planning and Analysis
- Create and implement a school development plan with the faculty
- Keep abreast of current educational trends and implement them
as deemed appropriate for the school.
- Project faculty and equipment needs for current and future
- Help faculty design, implement, and administer student programs
and services appropriate to the needs of those enrolled and
consistent with the school's values, teaching style, and
mission/philosophy to include:
- Full academic classes, appropriate for students Preschool-8th
- Extra-curricular programs that enhance student participation
- An Athletic program that meets NCAA eligibility
- A fine arts program including art, choral and instrumental
music, and drama.
- Outside activities such as field trips, camps, extended trips,
cultural and recreational events, etc.
- Define the teaching and non-teaching professional faculty
positions needed to implement the school's programs and recruit and
supervise all LCA faculty and staff.
- Establish productive working conditions, discipline, training
and development of all professional staff.
- Oversee faculty certification and licensure process and perform
formal observations as needed.
- Conduct annual written evaluations of all staff.
- Public Relations
- Design and implement advertising strategy as needed.
- Maintain open relationship with parents of students.
- Conduct exit interviews with parents who withdraw students when
- Establish a network of contacts within the community (business
and political leaders).
Keywords: Southern Baptists of Texas Convention, Lewisville , Head of School - Lakeland Christian Academy, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!