Senior UX Designer (Remote)
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Purpose of JobDrives work within hard-working,
cross-organizational teams by applying sophisticated knowledge and
experience in the practice of human-centered design. Synthesizes
the work of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unified design
vision for complex Member and Employee experiences in a
data-informed, agile environment. Demonstrates the value of design
by building trust-based relationships that influence the alignment
of collaborators across projects, teams, and functions.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or
Charlotte, NC. This position also has the option to be remote.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Drives the definition of business problems, design
requirements, and demonstrate a solution's potential success for
moderately complex projects.
- Co-facilitates a cross-functional understanding of business
problems and potential design solutions using human-centered design
sessions and group discussions to achieve useful outcomes.
- Navigates multiple workstreams from discovery to
implementation, balancing efforts, priorities, and partnerships for
- Guides the development and facilitation of human-centered
research efforts, the synthesis of research findings and the
generation of insights.
- Works autonomously to create complete member experiences
demonstrating extensive knowledge of interaction design, visual
design, and/or content design.
- Articulates ideas and solutions using a range of storytelling
techniques to inspire and compel audiences to align on
- Mentors developing designers across the Chief Design Office.
Provides constructive day-to-day feedback to team members.
- Applies advanced understanding of human-centered and service
design practices and leverages multiple methods to solve complex
- Stays abreast of current digital and mobile technology trends,
in the area of application architecture with standard methodologies
within the digital development ecosystemMinimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant, on-the-job experience in a Product Design,
UX Design, Service Design or Design Research role delivering
complex design systems for web and native applications.
- Extensive experience designing and supporting digital products
inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles,
methods and problem-solving strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates extensive experience designing
digital experiences for mobile and web-based applications.
- Advanced facilitation, collaboration and consensus-building
skills, with extensive experience in presenting to cross-functional
teams and Senior/Executive leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently in standard applications,
including Sketch, InVision (or comparable prototyping tools), Adobe
CC and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of new technologies and
best practices in website navigation, browsers, mobile patterns,
information architecture and usability.
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces for web and
mobile applications (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal skills, time management skills and strong attention
- Highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple
projects/task at once while facilitating a diverse group of
- Demonstrates a strategic mindset by decomposing complex
problems into a clear and achievable workstream requiring limited
support and direction for decision making.Preferred Qualifications:
- Direct experience with SAAS, PAAS, CRM, B2B, for large scale
- Experience contributing to a design language system
- Systems thinking expertise and knowledge of service design
- Expertise with cross-functional collaboration and driving
- Experience synthesizing insights into custom interactions
- Experience partnering with agile teams through executionThe
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $97,200 - $175,000*.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.USAA is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Lewisville , Senior UX Designer (Remote), Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!