Referral Representative I
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Referral Representative I - Lewisville, TX - TUESDAY-FRIDAY
10:00AM-6:30PM SATURDAY 7:00AM-3:30PMHandle all internal and
external customer contact regarding Referral Testing. Receive,
resolve and follow up with complex customer issues. Act as a
liaison between internal and external customers and Referral
- Retrieve, sort and process specimens for shipment to referral
- Ensure sample quality and accuracy. Identify problems with
specimen types, missing information, incorrect temperature,
quantity not sufficient, etc.
- Prepare specimens and packages for shipment ensuring they are
prepared according to IATA regulations.
- Responsible for filing departmental documents.
- Handle all customer inquiries regarding reporting of results,
service failures and other quality issues to provide customer
- Report laboratory results using established protocols.
- Contact clients to resolve routine or medical/technical matters
related to patient testing and result reporting using established
- Perform investigations and provide resolution to complex
Referral Testing issues.
- Research test availability using established protocol for
selecting a referral vendor.
- Assist Client Services, Customers and Sales by effectively
answering questions and responding to concerns in a timely
- Communicate all tests not performed TNP's and lab accidents to
clients within 24 hours of notification. Document thoroughly;
elevate issues of concern to supervisor.
- Identify and escalate Reportable Quality incidents to
- Maintain work area in a safe, functional and sanitary
- Adhere to all established CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA and laboratory
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b)
engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of
work performed by the position. QUALIFICATIONS Required Work
Experience: Minimum one (1) to two (2) years clinical laboratory
experience. Preferred Work Experience: Customer service and/or
medical background preferred. Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing. Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of the operations of Client Services and
- Thorough understanding of Referral Testing.
- Basic medical terminology applicable to clinical laboratory.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work
independently, establish work priorities and to handle several
tasks simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Demonstrate strong independent problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and
effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries
from clients and vendors.
- Ability to deal with patient and client information in a
- Good data entry skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and
Laboratory Information Systems. EDUCATION High School Diploma or
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Lewisville , Referral Representative I, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!