Software Engineer Senior/Guidewire
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer
Senior/Guidewire for a remote position in the continental U.S. This
position may also have the option of working in one of USAA's
offices located in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ or Plano, TX.
The candidate selected for this position will work with USAA
P&C IT, Small Business Insurance Development Team. They will
work with Guidewire and AWS technologies supporting New Products
development in the P&C space.
Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class
technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems
and application development lifecycle which include gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and
implementing software, responding to outages.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every
day.We're proud of USAA's strong history --and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
growing. -Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coaches engineers on design, development,
and maintenance of systems; Reviews teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor's degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentalsPreferred Experience:
- Ace certification in Guidewire Guidewire 10.0 developer stream
- 3+ years hands on coding experience in Guidewire Policy
- Expert in GOSU, Bundle, GW batch, Messaging, G-Unit, and BDD
testing for Guidewire application, messaging, work queues,
Production support for GW PC/CC.
- Strong experience integrating Guidewire Policy center with
- Knowledge of Policy center Document creation flow, Product
Design (PD/APD/SBT) and product model knowledge
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure application development
with vendors like AWS, Google or Microsoft
- -Experience with AGILE methodology (Scrum, Lean, SAFe, etc.)The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
skill is: $107,900 - $194,200* Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that
are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.USAA is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Lewisville , Software Engineer Senior/Guidewire, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!