Respiratory Therapist PRN Seas
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Description Seasonal Respiratory Therapist PRNOne Year of
Respiratory Acute Care Experience RequiredSeasonal Program Runs:
July 31st - April 8, 2023Seasonal Pay Rate: $45.00 per hourSeasonal
Program Commitment: Seasonal Employees are Required to work a
minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the Seasonal Period.
Three Weekend shifts are required each 4 week period. Must work two
- All seasonal employees are required to work a minimum of 48
hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Three (3) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule
- During the course of the 18 week period, the employee is
required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department
Manager or designee).
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another
facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to
first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k)
and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department. Position
Summary:The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing
respiratory care assessments, performing and planning
interventions, and evaluating outcomes of care. Duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct patient
care, patient/family education, and provision and supervision of
therapeutic treatments. In addition, the Respiratory Therapist
provides clinical management, control and diagnostic evaluation
consistent with the prescribed treatment plan and the policies and
procedures of the Department of Cardio-Respiratory Services. The
Respiratory Therapist performs care consistent with the age
specific and developmental needs of patients. Job Duties and
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students,
volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork
essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis
and resulting complications.
- Performs respiratory assessments.
- Administers respiratory treatments.
- Set up and manage ventilators.
- Administer medications.
- Obtain arterial blood gas, sampling and analyzing.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Provide patient/family education.
- Document interventions.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Monitor patient status and response to therapy.
- Maintains a clean work environment and department
- Remove equipment after use and make ready for next use
- Functions as Team Lead, when needed
- Texas licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart
Association (AHA) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) through the
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) and Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP); (ACLS, NRP, and PALS within 6 months
of hire date or Job Description change date which ever is later,
NRP only needed if working in NICU). Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Respiratory
- Demonstrated experience in related clinical area or
demonstrated ability to acquire new skills.
- Clinically proficient in respiratory care, demonstrating
knowledge of the developmental needs of neonate/infant, pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Special Qualifications:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment. At Medical
City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits
to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different
medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You
can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your
needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k
(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service),
flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate
in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment
programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts;
auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
About Medical City Lewisville:Medical City Lewisville is focused on
providing high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to
providing family-centered care with our experienced,
multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals,
state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate environment. Built
in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and
surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are
licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and
patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than
360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to
make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our
supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative
medicines allow them to best treat you - our treasured patients -
with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and
compassionate setting. Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join
our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lewisville , Respiratory Therapist PRN Seas, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!