Referral Rep I
Company: Quest Diagnostic
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Referral Rep I - Lewisville, TX - (TUESDAY-SATURDAY
The Referral Representative I is responsible for reporting
laboratory results using established protocols. All functions must
be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner.
Handles all internal and external customer contact regarding
Referral Testing. Receives, resolves and follow-ups with complex
customer issues. Acts as a liaison between internal and external
customers and Referral vendors.
1. All duties of the Referral Assistant.
2. Handles all customer inquiries by telephone, Referral mailbox,
and in person regarding reporting of results, service failures, and
other quality issues to provide customer satisfaction.
3. Reports laboratory results using established protocols.
4. Contacts the client to resolve routine or medical/technical
matters related to patient testing and result reporting.
5. Uses established protocols for reporting client concerns.
6. Performs investigation and provide resolution to complex
Referral Testing issues.
7. Researches test availability using established protocol for
selecting a referral vendor.
8. Assists Client Services, customers, and sales by effectively
answering questions and responding to concerns in a timely
9. Communicates all tests not performed [TNP's] and lab accidents
to clients within 24 hours of notification. Document thoroughly;
elevate issues of concern to supervisor.
10. Identifies and elevates Reportable Quality incidents to
11. Other duties as assigned.
12. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced
13. Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills when
interacting with internal and external customers. Able to speak
English language clearly.
14. Strong independent problem solving skills.
15. Demonstrate willingness to accept additional responsibility
with a positive attitude.
16. Demonstrate ability to work independently and with a team.
17. Demonstrate good data entry skills. 18. Able to operate basic
19. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance
policies and procedures.
20. Work in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety
21. Basic understanding of the operations of Client Services and
Specimen Processing, thorough understanding of Referral
22. Keeps work area neat and clean.
23. Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: Minimum 1-2 years clinical laboratory
Data Entry Skills - 6000 keystrokes per hour required.
Customer Service and/or medical background preferred, which
includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical
Basic PC skills - Word, Excel, etc. helpful.
Associated topics: laboratory, medical laboratory science,
microbiology, mlt, services, sterile processing technician,
technician i, technician iv, technologist, testing
Keywords: Quest Diagnostic, Lewisville , Referral Rep I, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!