Power Systems Engineer
Company: Advantage Technical
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Power Systems Electrical Engineer
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Lewisville, TX
Position Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 (Depending on Experience) +
- Will help with the design, tests, installation, and maintaining
of their Battery Energy Storage Systems product lines.
- Responsible for designing microgrid system architectures and
understanding the capabilities of all the equipment that goes into
the microgrid including storage and PV inverters, batteries,
generators, transformers, etc.
- Should be able to create single line and three-line diagrams to
aid in the design and build out of the systems.
- Responsible for design engineering for multiple microgrid
reliability as a service engineering, procurement projects.
- Responsible for supporting the Engineering Manager in all
technical aspects of the project from conception through
- Create/Review equipment and material (i.e., switchgear,
transformers, wire/cables, etc.) technical specifications for
procurement and ensure they meet/exceed compliance with all project
requirements and applicable codes.
- Supervise, review, and approve the work of third-party
engineers and designers.
- Provide engineering support, as needed, during the sales phase
of the projects.
- Requires an understanding of electrical power distribution
including low and medium voltage, transformer specifications and
operations, fault current studies, general sizing of electrical
hardware and wiring to NEC code.
- This applicant must be familiar with a variety of the field's
concepts, practices, and procedures, relies on experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and perform a variety of
- Conduct condition assessments of existing electrical
- Microgrid controllers for energy systems that include
generators, inverters, solar arrays, and batteries
- Battery Energy Storage Systems for home, commercial, and
- For these different product lines, they are responsible for
designing the system architecture, hardware selection, software
development, configuring and installing systems, as well as the
back-end web monitoring and database.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Systems Engineering. Higher
Education a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution, low & medium
voltage transformers, switchgear controls, system grounding
- Strong understanding of all applicable/associated National
Electrical Code (NEC) and IEEE requirements of these systems.
- AutoCAD experience is required
- Experience working with SKM, ETAP, or Easy Power is a Plus
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills and
work well with people
- Must be a self-motivator to create and coordinate their own
tasks and goals with minimum supervision
- This job could require up to 20% travel.
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K + Matching
Keywords: Advantage Technical, Lewisville , Power Systems Engineer, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!