Assistant Site Manager
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 10, 2021
If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most
successful logistics organization, this is an excellent opportunity
to join our team.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall performance of
the warehouse, including operations, customer service, office
operations and IT. The General Manager plans, organizes, staffs,
directs and controls all office and warehouse activities. The
selection, professional development, and motivation of all
warehouse employees are key responsibilities. The General Manager
assists top management in establishing warehouse performance
objectives and strategic planning. They are also accountable for
achieving prescribed company objectives concerning cost,
productivity, customer service and profit.
• Interact with ownership, executive members and employees.
• Maintain customer contact.
• Conduct staff meetings to organize warehouse activities.
• Participate in trade organizations as a company
• Ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating
and managing physical
facilities, human resources, equipment and
products in a profitable manner.
• Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations and
administrative support to meet
prescribed productivity and service goals.
• Operate in compliance with federal, state and local statutes.
• Direct the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve
objectives through sound communication
• Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software
• Assist in the establishment of customer service standards for all
these standards to all personnel. Maintain
appropriate contact with all accounts and
respond to requests when required.
• Participate in company marketing and sales efforts with respect
to generating new business.
• Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of
controls to ensure that service
levels and operational performance goals are met
within prescribed cost, revenue and profit
parameters. Assure that all accounts achieve
predetermined profit standards.
• Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of
security, housekeeping, quality and safety of
equipment and facilities in a manner that assures
their most efficient operation.
• Develop the budget for their facility
• High level manpower and resource planning
• Customer contract negotiation and pricing
• Conflict resolution with customers and staff
• Efficient storage utilization
• Monitor Human Resource policies and procedures
• Compliance with Retail, Pharma and OSHA regulations
Your Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field
• Must have over seven (7) years of Management experience in a 3PL
P&L responsibility – preferably within the
automotive or aerospace sector
• Proficiency in planning, staffing, and budgeting
• Develop effective relationships and provide leadership
• Successful communication - written and verbal
• Establish priorities and multi-task
• Possess professional business demeanor
• Materials handling equipment and personal computers with good
working knowledge of MS
• Very organized / Methodical
• Critical / Analytic / Objective
• Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Lewisville , Assistant Site Manager, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!