Contract Logistics Site Supervisor
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 10, 2021
If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most
successful logistics organization, this is an excellent opportunity
to join our team.
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for
coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities and team
members on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Warehouse
Manager or Warehouse Operations Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor
is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and
shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and
- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments,
orderly receiving and stacking of product.
- Picking, packing and staging of outbound shipments in
accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers,
ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and
that jobs are assigned effectively to warehouse team members and
they are completed properly.
- Apply a FIFO concept to the work place, train staff in Kuehne +
Nagel Behaviors, principles
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and ensure
that all security procedures are in place and followed
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety and in
accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
- Participate in developing, implementing and directing programs
to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property.
Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by following
K+N safety policies and procedures - monitor warehouse safety,
physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and
accurate fashion, including specific reporting and documentation
that is required in order to continuously improve the
- Assure the integrity of the inventory through accurate process
adherence and assist in conducting physical inventories
- Assist the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Operations Manager
in developing, implementing and maintaining a lean culture and
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse
Operations Manager on productivity related topics as well as
- Contribute significantly to maintaining a union free work
environment by creating an employee-centered work place that
demonstrates care and concern for all Associates.
- Organize/ hold / attend warehouse meetings on a daily basis or
as deemed necessary
- Interact with Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Operations
Manager to establish clear, ambitious, yet attainable goals and
objectives in all business areas (operations, quality and service,
QSHE, profitability, etc.)
- Work with the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Operations
Manager implement and direct QHSE relevant aspects and make sure
highest standards are maintained at all times
- Drive Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) implementation and
adherence on the shop floor
- Participate in and partly drive development and execution of
associate training and development
- Ensure compliance with housekeeping and process standards
(boxes, palletization, etc.)
- As a Warehouse Supervisor, candidate must manage associates in
a 24/7 environment, able to work a flexible schedule and ability to
be on-call at various times. Must be able to work nights, weekends
- High value, high security warehousing environment.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting
physical inventories.KN demands possibly different and longer
hours, pending on work load etc.
- Other special warehouse projects and functions / duties as
required within the warehouse operations to maintain Kuehne +
Nagel’s customer service (Internal / External)
Your Skills and Experiences
- Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all
roles, tasks and responsibilities; models K+N anchor principles and
- Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the warehouse;
follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable;
ties all loose ends.
- Drives performance in a way that takes into consideration
multiple and sometimes competing priorities, keeping the goal in
sight and reaching agreed results.
- Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in
which excellent service is provided to all Customers; sees business
through the eyes of the Customer, reacts quickly and flexibly to
ever evolving customer demands
- Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish
important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple
demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely
with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to
input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
- Plans Tactically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals,
direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and
- Experience in with sea/air freight strongly recommended
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Lewisville , Contract Logistics Site Supervisor, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!