Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: September 14, 2021
- Evaluate Customer Premises
Equipment (CPE) hardware and software features and functionality
including Graphical User Interface (GUI), Layer 2 Networking, Layer
3 Networking, Firewall, Port Forwarding, QoS, etc.
- Qualify CPE for integration with
access network (DSLAM, BRAS, ACS, etc.)
- Perform regression testing on new
firmware for compatibility with existing deployments
- Hands on troubleshooting and
debugging of access network issues
- Work with Network Architects and
Operations groups to understand testing requirement and provide
- Interface with CPE vendors on
reporting issues, testing and troubleshooting
- Develop CPE evaluation plans based
- Develop configuration guides and
MOPs for operations groups
- Document CPE testing configuration
and procedure for consistent and repeatable results
- Document detailed CPE evaluation
results and provide high level summary
- Document CPE issues and fixes
implemented to resolve them
- CCNA, Network+, JNCIA or other equilvalent certification
- Experience with Wireshark, iperf, wireline simulators, Spirent
traffic generators and other networking test and evaluation
- Experience with networking, routing, firewalls, NAT, VoIP, port
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, IGMP, Multicast and Subnetting
- Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Knowledge PPP, VLANs, QoS, ATM
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, SIP, RTP, UPNP
- Familiarity with Linux, Python, SQL, Dockers, Cloud services
- 2-4 Years of experience in networking CPE
- Telecommunication Engineering, Network Engineering or
Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a
proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem
- Must be detail-oriented and self-managing.
- Works with minimal supervision and proactively communicates
status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams,
with ability to multi-task well including priority management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both
technical and user focus.
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Lewisville , Sr. Network Engineer, Other , LEWISVILLE, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!