Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Frontier is seeking a talented Sr Network Engineer in the
Network Architecture Development Lab located in Lewisville,
Texas. This team member primarily installs network lab
equipment, maintains lab records, performs changes to lab test bed
configurations and provides onsite support to lab stakeholders
regarding the execution of test plans. In addition to the
physical configuration of lab equipment this position is
responsible for writing engineering projects to procure equipment
in Infinium and for creating/maintaining LCAM equipment inventory
records. The lab team provides support to lab stakeholders
across the country which may require non-standard working
hours. This position reports to the Sr. Manager – Technology
Labs based in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
What you’ll do:
- Install, cable and power lab network hardware typically found
in telecommunications networks; data center, central office,
outside plant and customer premise.
- Write Infinium work orders as directed for the Network
Architecture team. Maintain ownership of each project’s lifecycle
in Frontier’s procurement system. Maintain financial tracking
systems and produce reports.
- Create and maintain lab equipment asset records in Frontier’s
Asset Management system (LCAM).
- Create and maintain lab process documents.
- Create and maintain end to end lab as-built records.
- Update and maintain lab inventory records.
- Facilitate the shipment and receiving of equipment in and out
of the lab facility.
- Collaborate with local facilities team to assure compliance
with all building and safety codes or regulations.
- Provide over site of daily lab operations and the activities of
all onsite lab users while in the lab testing. Assist lab users
that are not physically located in the lab for testing.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of telecommunications experience including 3
years in a central office or data center environment.
- Minimum education high school diploma; Associate (3-year
degree) Computer Science or Electronic Technology – preferred; BS
Electrical Engineering – a plus.
- Training in Basic Electronics; A/C power theory, DC power
theory, Analog theory, Digital theory, fiber optics and wireless
technologies. An electronics technical degree is preferred.
- Proficient use of telecommunications cabling tools and basic
- Must be able to work aloft from a ladder.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office products.
Frontier Infinium and LCAM experience preferred
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Lewisville , Sr. Network Engineer, Other , LEWISVILLE, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!