Company: TRC Staffing
Posted on: September 7, 2021
We are hiring for a BENEFITS COORDINATOR for an
educational institution in Lewisville. This is a non-remote
opportunity and is contract-to-hire. The starting salary of
$19.00 to $21.00/hr. plus excellent benefits after
conversion. The hours for this position are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday -
Friday. We pay our employees every Monday night for their previous
Assists in compiling and maintaining benefit records and
documents. Responsible for keeping up with current benefit bylaws,
best practices, changing regulations, and procedures regarding the
Benefits Administration. Assists in responding to benefit related
issues from employees and other benefit related issues as needed.
Must be able to perform all functions of benefits administration.
Performs weekly audits on invoices related to Benefits insurance
carriers for all employees. Assists in processing and managing new
hires and terminations in the benefits portal.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- 2 - 3 years of experience in processing employee benefits
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of employee benefits and programs.
- Advance knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft
Office and Google Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to communicate with employees and their eligible
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with little
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to proactively address
employee issues and/or concerns.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Employee benefits or related experience with 1000+ employee
- Experience maintaining and supporting open enrollment and
employee changes (life changing event) for 1,000 employees or more
- Working knowledge of Teacher Retirement System (TRS), and
Arkansas Teacher Retirement System (ARTRS). (preferred)
- Experience maintaining and supporting public, private, or
charter school employees (preferred)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct onboarding for new employees on benefits.
- Assist with plan vendors and administrators related to group
health, group life, dental, vision, and flexible fringe
- Assist with coordinating the transfer of data to external
contacts. Work effectively to make sure plans run smoothly.
- Review with new employees the benefit plans through email and
outreach phone calls.
- In a timely manner, assist with processing enrollments, COBRA,
employee terminations, staff changes, beneficiary updates,
disability claims, accident and death claims, and other requests as
- Prepare and assist with the distribution of benefit plan
materials to employees.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and
increase departmental efficiency.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Assist with the updating of the online enrollment system for
- Assist with plan audits as necessary.
- Assist with benefits billing.
- Reconcile all group life, dental, vision, flexible fringe
- Resolve all billing discrepancies.
- Assist with updating the database with new census information
- Respond to benefits inquiries within 24 hours of receiving the
- Escalate complex benefits questions to the Director of Benefits
or to the appropriate vendor or health carrier.
- Maintain and update payroll records related to Benefits
- Manage and process the Medical Support Orders for the Attorney
- Ensure Benefits Department maintains adequate FMLA and Workers
Compensation employee files.
- Maintain accurate employee records related to paid and unpaid
FMLA, Medical and any other leave.
- Update Payroll and the Director of Benefits of any employee
unpaid benefit costs.
- Create and send leave paperwork for employee requests.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
TRC is an EOE
Interested parties, please forward updated resume to
Keywords: TRC Staffing, Lewisville , Benefits Coordinator, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!