Commercial Sales Specialist
Company: Overhead Door Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Commercial Sales Specialist will have responsibility of
generating demand and driving specification of ODC branded
commercial products on a national level to specific architects, end
users, and large buying groups within a specialized market segment.
Responsible for market penetration within the US, including MIX,
margin and new product management while establishing and
maintaining strong business relations.
- Primary responsibility is to grow sales by identifying,
prospecting, and selling commercial opportunities and maintaining
existing end user customers within the assigned region.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with builders,
developers, contractors, engineers, architects and end-user
- Prospecting and cold calling, maintaining consistent customer
contact and communication along with aggressive follow up to
achieve targeted growth.
- Maintaining call reports, communicate new business
opportunities and market intelligence to the organization.
- Responsible for developing territory sales budgets and
individual account goals, promoting product loyalty.
- Directs customer sales efforts by utilizing point of sale
material and advertising programs.
- Capture and control online leads including mining to generate
- Ensures effective channels of communications are maintained in
all levels of sales, management, production, and customer
- Analyzes competitor activities in relationship to product,
pricing, promotions, and new products, etc.
- Analyzes customer needs as related to product forecasting,
problem solutions, personnel training, and most other activities
related to maintaining a sales force.
- Responsible for effective management and sales of current and
new product introductions to current and new customers. Focus on
conveying our commercial value proposition and expertise in the
- Call on and educate/train general contractors and architects
that serve targeted commercial solutions to influence and drive
- A minimum of five to eight years of sales management
experience, two to five years selling an engineered and/or
- Sales management experience with proven track record to grow
sales in assigned territory, preferably on a Regional level.
- Must possess a strong mechanical/technical aptitude and be good
- An understanding of the construction industry with the ability
to read, understand blue prints, specifications and perform
- Must also understand both pricing and P&L as it relates to
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate our
brand to both small and large groups with marketing tools and
- Good listening skills.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual with a commanding
presence and strong customer relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with the ability to
engage, possessing excellent selling skills.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills;
responsible time management and timely reporting required.
- Ability to think and operate both short and long term, be able
to hit sales numbers without sacrificing long term goals.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Bachelor's degree in business or 4-6 years related job
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Home office
- Extensive travel
Keywords: Overhead Door Corporation, Lewisville , Commercial Sales Specialist, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!