SE Day Camp Leader
Company: City of Lewisville
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for providing a positive day camp
experience for children by supervising day-to-day activities for
the City's Camp PLAY/Teen Camp program including providing
leadership and direction for 4-5 Day Camp Attendants. The Day Camp
Leader ensures the smooth operation of Camp PLAY/Teen Camp, which
includes providing daily activities for children, ages 6-15. The
Day Camp Leader is also responsible for addressing patron
complaints and handling emergency situations. This position will
require extensive contact with children and adult citizens. Camp
PLAY/Teen Camps run for the entire summer.
Starting Pay: $10.50/hour
2nd season: $11.00/hour
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-6:30PM
- Performs supervisory functions for day camp program including
Day Camp Attendants.
- Develops, plans and coordinates the day camp activities.
- Ensures daily camp activities are conducted in a safe,
- Ensures proper equipment and materials are available.
- Interacts with participants, parents, staff, and supervisory
personnel to provide a high-quality program.
- Maintains facility appearance during and after camp
- Responsible for reporting any camp incidents to Camp
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience working with children and/or instructing day
camp activities for children ages six to fifteen preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of recreational games, crafts, and activities.
- Knowledge of and ability to develop quality programs for
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard
operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their
age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
in writing with citizens and staff.
- Ability to implement, supervise and coordinate daily
- Ability to supervise and interact with children.
- Ability to use good judgment regarding safety measures for
- Ability to resolve patron complaints and handle emergency
situations in an efficient professional manner.
- Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office,
e-mail and the internet.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C"
and good driving record as defined by City policy.
- Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certification upon hire.
Keywords: City of Lewisville, Lewisville , SE Day Camp Leader, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!