Lead Engineer - CICS/Messaging
Posted on: May 3, 2021
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the
academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We
offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing,
banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
TIAA's Global Infrastructure Services team manages our core
infrastructure assets. Our team is the first line of support on any
production related issues including our network and
telecommunications, computing (middleware), and end-user support,
as well as the firm's 24x7 data center operations. The Global
Infrastructure Services team collaborates closely with our
business-aligned partners in technology and with key stakeholders
across the enterprise.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Architect, install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot
CICS environment for the entire enterprise
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software and existing systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues, restore services and
perform root cause analyses
- Documents the design, operation and troubleshooting of
technology platforms and procedures
- Build, configure, patch and upgrade core infrastructure
- Participate in project level architecture governance to include
the collaboration on and development of solution architectures and
- Facilitate the review, vetting of these designs with the
architecture governance bodies, as required
- Mentor junior staff on architecture best practices, design
patterns, and development
- Architect, install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot MQ
infrastructure software in clustered configurations on Linux;
Solaris; AIX; Windows and z/OS platforms.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 5+ years of experience with CICS/Systems Programming and
experience performing SMPE installs, maintenance, system
- 3+ years of experience identifying root cause and problem
resolutions for SEV1, SEV2, SEV3, and SEV4 CICS Issues, as well as
implementing said solutions.
- Provide 24x7 support for a large enterprise platforms on a
- 3+ years of experience in the installation and support of third
party vendor software such as TMON for CICS, CICS VR, SYSB-II and
DumpMaster for CICS, TraceMaster for CICS.
- 1+ year of experience with CICS JAVA, CICS Web Services,
CICSPLEX, CICS Explorer, and managing the day to day support of the
CICS Transaction Server and MQ on z/OS.
- Working knowledge of or willingness to learn and engineer our
other data movement platforms including Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi,
Talend, IBM MQ/MQFTE, IBM InfoSphere Information Server, IBM
Sterling Integrator, and native AWS data movement services.
- Familiarity with Unix scripting, REXX scripting and CLIST
- Experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower, Terraform, or other
Infrastructure as Code platforms
- Experience with one of the following scripting languages: ASP,
- Candidates must be able to work independently, be organized,
self-motivated, inquisitive problem-solvers with excellent written
and verbal communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of CICS and MQ system and application
debugging with system and application performance and tuning
expertise. Application coding experience is a plus.
- Ability to work closely with Partners, Customers, and
Technicians to determine project requirements.
- Willingness to work off-hours and weekends to accommodate
- Experience with developing in Java
- Experience with Amazon (AWS) messaging services, analytics, and
data movement services
- Experience working with Enterprise level data movement
- Experience with clustered/grid architectures and associated
High Availability, workload management and Disaster Recovery
- Previous experience working in the financial services
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- ITIL experience or certification
- Experience working with IBM Data Movement products
- Project management experience
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Experience working with Linux, AIX, Windows, and Mainframe
- Experience with Azure, z/OS, SMP/E
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Pay: $99,000.00
The organization is committed to making financial well-being
possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the
well-being of our associates. That's why we offer a comprehensive
Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the
lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include
a superior retirement program and highly competitive health,
wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and
maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial
well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age,
race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our
online application process to provide an equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable
accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the
below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the
TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU
/ UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant
Keywords: TIAA, Lewisville , Lead Engineer - CICS/Messaging, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!