Government Underwriter 3
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Government Underwriter 3
Work From Home MI
Underwrites all levels of complexity of mortgage loan
applications and evaluates loans in order to maximize
organizational profit and minimize risk or loss. Responsible for
collateral evaluation for all property types including multi-family
and renovation loans. Well-versed in standard concepts, practices,
and procedures of residential underwriting and is able to ensure
that loan meets FHA and VA insurability. Able to manually
underwrite loans and is not reliant on automated underwriting to
make a sound credit decision. This level of underwriter is expected
to accurately analyze risk factors along with the presence of
compensating factors that mitigate risk to the bank and structure
transactions accordingly. Excellent quality is required, while
working in a fast paced production environment. Employee may be
required to work overtime based on business need.
- Properly applies Flagstar, investor and compliance/regulatory
guidelines while underwriting our most complex loan transactions.
Places the proper conditions on a loan. Formulates clear, concise
and actionable conditions. Ability to manually underwrite loans and
apply sound judgment and decisions.
- Review and clear conditions based on Flagstar and investor
guidelines within a designated timeframe.
- Provide professional and knowledgeable assistance and
communication to customers and internal groups. Follow-up with
customers in a timely and in an actionable format.
- Mentors underwriter levels 1 and 2 and assists them with
complex loan files, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
and regulations. Complete all required compliance training.
Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies.
- More than five years of government underwriting
- Extreme attention to detail and organization
- Strong email etiquette
- Ability to build relationships with customers, sales and
- Ability to analyze complex income, assets, credit and
- Proven decision-making skills
- Displays initiative and drive for results
- Able to work independently
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and resolution skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced technical/functional skills are
- Experience with Desktop Underwriting and Loan Prospector (Total
- Able to perform duties within prescribed productivity timelines
while maintaining high quality
- Utilizes proper listening skills to identify and resolve issues
- Able to maintain high production and quality
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Lewisville , Government Underwriter 3, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!