Substance Use Disorder Advocate
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Exciting Opportunity to join our growing Team of
Substance Use Disorder Advocate!
BayMark Health Services is the largest outpatient provider of
opioid treatment services in North America. We are looking for
compassionate and articulate individuals to guide and motivate
people to begin their path to recovery. Based in
Lewisville, Texas, you will be part of a state of
the art Contact Center Team providing best in
class customer service to individuals and families seeking
treatment. If you are passionate about fighting the opioid
epidemic, have outstanding communication skills, a caring
personality, and the desire to encourage and support others through
this life changing process, we want to meet with you.
Responsible for promoting the appropriate treatment and
locations. Serves as the initial point of contact for prospective
patients, families, and referral sources to gain information about
our treatment programs. Gathers and exchanges information, records
data using online forms and databases, and schedules services. Care
Advocates are warm, compassionate, and engaging individuals with
excellent listening and communication skills. Care Advocates also
appreciate the difficulties people with substance use disorders
(SUD) have in deciding to stop using drugs and seeking treatment
for their addiction. Care Advocates are responsible for educating
prospective patients, their family and support person(s) about
treatment options and the importance of making this life saving
decision. Care Advocates are also entrusted with the responsibility
of motivating patients to choose treatment utilizing consultative
sales techniques including listening, trust-building, and needs
assessment, to guide them to schedule an appointment.
Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Answer calls from prospective patients, family members, and
support persons to identify and schedule the best treatment option
for that patient.
- Listen carefully to understand the individual's life situation
and drug use history.
- Use a broad range of consultative sales techniques to build
rapport and trust with the caller.
- Educate the patient/family/support person on the grave and life
threatening disease of addiction.
- Has the ability to accurately collect, document and assess
information from callers and explain treatment options and services
specific to their need.
- Possess interpersonal skills, professional attitude, and an
appreciation for the challenges people suffering with OUD.
- Able to recognize signs of suicidality and immediately
- Act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on all services
- Serve as patient advocate, representing the patients' needs and
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a
positive patient experience.
- Facilitate access to the appropriate treatment center;
follows-up with patients to confirm appointments, provide
additional information regarding services, and address unresolved
- Ability to empathize, acknowledge and convey compassion in all
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with callers at
- Passionate about fighting the opioid epidemic and excited to
have the opportunity to play a direct role in getting patients into
- Minimum of two years' work experience in sales, preferably in a
service-related industry, is preferred.
- Preference is given to candidates with previous experience in a
Substance Use or Mental Health treatment setting.
- Required Education: Minimum Associates degree from an
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task to speak with callers, type responses,
operate software systems, and toggle between multiple windows while
providing appropriate responses.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, and
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid
Here is what you can expect from
BayMark Health Services specializes in the treatment of opioid
addiction. BayMark Health Services provides medication-assisted
treatment services in a variety of modalities and settings through
our divisions: BAART Community HealthCare, Health Care Resource
Centers and MedMark Services, Inc. BayMark Health Services, also
provides traditional primary health care services, as well as
integrated primary care, in select locations.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and
local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of
race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender,
pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic
disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Lewisville , Substance Use Disorder Advocate, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!