Substance Abuse Advocate
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Exciting Opportunity to join our growing Team of Substance Abuse
Advocates!BayMark Health Services is the largest outpatient
provider of opioid treatment services in North America. We are
looking for compassionate and articulate individuals to guide and
motivate people to begin their path to recovery. Based in
Lewisville, Texas, you will be part of a state of the art Contact
Center Team providing best in class customer service to individuals
and families seeking treatment. If you are passionate about
fighting the opioid epidemic, have outstanding communication
skills, a caring personality, and the desire to encourage and
support others through this life changing process, we want to meet
with you.JOB SUMMARYResponsible for promoting the appropriate
treatment and locations. Serves as the initial point of contact for
prospective patients, families, and referral sources to gain
information about our treatment programs. Gathers and exchanges
information, records data using online forms and databases, and
schedules services. Care Advocates are warm, compassionate, and
engaging individuals with excellent listening and communication
skills. Care Advocates also appreciate the difficulties people with
substance use disorders (SUD) have in deciding to stop using drugs
and seeking treatment for their addiction. Care Advocates are
responsible for educating prospective patients, their family and
support person(s) about treatment options and the importance of
making this life saving decision. Care Advocates are also entrusted
with the responsibility of motivating patients to choose treatment
utilizing consultative sales techniques including listening,
trust-building, and needs assessment, to guide them to schedule an
appointment.Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Answer calls from prospective patients, family members, and
support persons to identify and schedule the best treatment option
for that patient.
- Listen carefully to understand the individual's life situation
and drug use history.
- Use a broad range of consultative sales techniques to build
rapport and trust with the caller.
- Educate the patient/family/support person on the grave and life
threatening disease of addiction.
- Has the ability to accurately collect, document and assess
information from callers and explain treatment options and services
specific to their need.
- Possess interpersonal skills, professional attitude, and an
appreciation for the challenges people suffering with OUD.
- Able to recognize signs of suicidality and immediately
- Act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on all services
- Serve as patient advocate, representing the patients' needs and
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure a
positive patient experience.
- Facilitate access to the appropriate treatment center;
follows-up with patients to confirm appointments, provide
additional information regarding services, and address unresolved
- Ability to empathize, acknowledge and convey compassion in all
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with callers at
all times. Qualifications
- Passionate about fighting the opioid epidemic and excited to
have the opportunity to play a direct role in getting patients into
- Minimum of two years' work experience in sales, preferably in a
service-related industry, is preferred.
- Preference is given to candidates with previous experience in a
Substance Use or Mental Health treatment setting.
- Required Education: Minimum Associates degree from an
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task to speak with callers, type responses,
operate software systems, and toggle between multiple windows while
providing appropriate responses.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, and
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid
epidemic Here is what you can expect from us:BayMark Health
Services specializes in the treatment of opioid addiction. BayMark
Health Services provides medication-assisted treatment services in
a variety of modalities and settings through our divisions: BAART
Community HealthCare, Health Care Resource Centers and MedMark
Services, Inc. BayMark Health Services, also provides traditional
primary health care services, as well as integrated primary care,
in select locations.BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal,
State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the
basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship,
genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws.
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Lewisville , Substance Abuse Advocate, Other , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!