SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: 7pm - 7am with rotating weekends. Part Time
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality
care to our community. As a Magnet® recognized facility, license
for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality
metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the
National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
Through our many well established professional practice councils
and shared leadership model, Medical City Lewisville is committed
to listening to our nursing voice; which drives outcomes and
impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
Come join a team where Nurses say:
"It's very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets
to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a
friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care
that rivals larger organizations."
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The RN - L&D - Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including
obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors
* Carries out physician orders
* Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal
* Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient
controlled analgesia administration management
* Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital
* Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
* Instructs and educates patients and families
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care
* Orients and mentors new staff members
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and an employee stock purchase program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Minimum Position Requirements:
* ADN required.
* BSN preferred. If hired into RN required position after
September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within three years of
* Staff RN's are responsible for completing the ongoing fetal
heart monitoring, AWHONN, and other HCA required courses for Labor
& Delivery nurses in accordance with the department education
* Experience: Staff RN's not hired in a graduate nurse or intern
status, must have a minimum of one year recent nursing experience
in area of practice in an acute care setting.
a. TX RN license or RN Compact State License
b. BLS (AHA) certification
c. ACLS (AHA) certification within 6 months of hire into
d. NRP certification within 6 months of hire into position
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.