Retail RE Site Specialist
Company: Western Dental Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview: Western Dental Services, Inc., California's largest
dental services provider and one of the nation's leading dental
HMO's, is looking for a bright, talented and motivated, Real Estate
Site Locator to focus on new site selection and expansion. -Western
Dental and its affiliates own and operate over 570 dental offices
in 20 states coast to coast. - Western Dental is experiencing high
growth and is aggressively entering new markets. - The Real Estate:
Site Selection will focus on Denovo (new) office growth and site
selection. - The candidate should be familiar with assessing site
locations and structuring expansion real estate deals. - This
position will focus on the various markets within the company's
existing footprint, with the possibility of opening new regions as
well. - A high level of travel is required for this position.
- Select site by analyzing trade area and market potential
through site characteristics, demographics data, traffic patterns,
cannibalization studies, and competitor info.
- Proactively assess and identify new trade areas and markets
based upon targeted customers and business climate.
- Actively pursue key locations/areas that are not actively being
marketed/listed by reviewing with city planning departments,
property owners, etc.
- Negotiate Letter of Intent with Landlords on rent, term, tenant
improvement dollars, Landlord's work and other key business points.
Meticulously and effectively negotiate language in complex LOI to
accomplish the company's real estate goals.
- Partner with Facilities Department to ensure all property
location and facilities requirements are being considered for new
- Prepare site presentation package for final approval by the
- Increase volume and speed for bringing new offices on-line to
expand Western Dental and Brident's office portfolio.
- Collaborate with vendors, brokers and other retail real estate
industry professionals to meet Company's expansion goals.
- Communicate with a variety of different landlords (e.g.
individual owner/operators, local, regional and national landlords
and REITs) tactfully, skillfully and persuasively to negotiate
terms and secure deals.
- Quickly and proficiently update Director and VP with status of
- Provide timely reports to senior management on project
- Research market rent comps for lease renewals.Any other areas
or responsibilities as directed by management. Qualifications:
- A minimum of a 4-year college degree and 3 years retail real
estate related experience, or 6 years retail real estate related
- Analytical skill - gather all the available data to analyze and
evaluate a particular location
- Negotiation skill / persuasiveness - negotiating the best deal
- Planning and organization skill - ability to work on, keep
track of, and report on multiple deals concurrently and
- Creativity - Thinking outside the box in terms of deal
structure and accomplishing real estate goals
- Assertiveness / Sense of urgency - Competition is fierce for
- People skills / communication skills - ability to communicate
effectively in conversation or written word
- Responsibility / Reliability - the ability to complete
projects. See a variety of complicated deals through from start to
finish, under pressure and without micro-management
- Flexibility / Resiliency - Things change all the time,
especially in this business. One must have the ability to adapt and
move forward from one project to another.
- 2+ years of expansion experience with multi-unit
- This position may require up to 80% travel (local, regional,
Keywords: Western Dental Services, Inc., Lewisville , Retail RE Site Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!