Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN
Posted on: November 14, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The professional registered nurse Outpatient
RN CAP 1 is an entry level designation into the Clinical
Advancement Program (CAP). This position is accountable and
responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically
competent care including assessment, planning, intervention and
evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include
delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs, LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
Technicians. As a member of the End Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD)
health care team, this position participates in decision-making,
teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities
that enhance patient care outcomes and facility
operations.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and
responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with
Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing
practice, state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Clinical Educator, Preceptor
or in collaboration with other Registered Nurses.
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post hemodialysis treatment for assigned
patients and documents in the patient medical record, makes
adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as indicated and
notifies Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Supervisor or Physician as
- Assesses, collaborates, and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Directs and provides, in collaboration with direct and
ancillary patient care staff, all aspects of the daily provision of
safe and effective delivery of hemodialysis therapy to assigned
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
- Identifies expected outcomes, documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance. - -
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. - Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position may require travel to training sites or other
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company
will consider whether reasonable accommodation can be
made.SUPERVISION:Assigned oversight of Patient Care
Technicians/LPNs/LVNs/RNs as a Team Leader or designated Nurse in
Charge, after meeting all the following:
- Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
- Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
- Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in chronic/acute
hemodialysis as a RN.EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as a RN.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Chronic/acute hemodialysis experience
(preferred).ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:I acknowledge that I have read and
accepted this job description. I understand what is expected of me
in this position, and I am able to perform the essential functions
as outlined with or without reasonable accommodation. -
Furthermore, I understand that the duties and responsibilities
listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations
of the various types of work that may be performed. - The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position. - If I have any questions about duties and
responsibilities not specified in this job description that I am
asked to perform, I should discuss them with my immediate
Supervisor or my Human Resources representative.EO/AA Employer:
Identity -Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Lewisville , Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!