Breast Surgery RN - OR - Operating Room
Company: US Oncology, Inc
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Breast Surgery RNOverview
Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy requires that all new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved exemption before their start date. More information will be provided to you throughout the interview process.
Texas Oncology- Texas Breast Specialists is looking for a Breast Surgery Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position will primarily support the Lewisville and Flower Mound locations with potential to cover the Frisco and Plano locations as needed. This is a full-time Monday-Friday 8am-5pm position with no weekends, call, or major holidays.
Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." -- in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
What does the Breast Surgery Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in company-wide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
* Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the continuity of care consistent with established standards and practices.
* Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material.
* Facilitates clinical operations and patient care:
* Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
* Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing, diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments for patients.
* Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
* As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to patient care.
* Communicates imaging and pathology results on behalf of provider and document in EMR.
The ideal candidate for the Breast Surgery Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
* Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
* Minimum of 0-3 years of RN experience.
* Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level candidate.
* Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There is a possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Breast Surgery RNOverview
Keywords: US Oncology, Inc, Lewisville , Breast Surgery RN - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
here to apply!