Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description Surgical TechnologistMedical City Lewisville
Position Summary:Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the
Surgical Technologist assist the surgical team in delivering direct
and indirect care to the patient in the Operating Room, providing
quality health care through the development of an organizational
climate that is professional, compassionate and responsive to the
patient, physicians and ASSOCIATES. The Surgical Technologist must
possess knowledge, judgment and skills based on the principles of
biological, physiological, behavioral and social sciences within
the scope of a Surgical Technologist basic training program. The
Surgical Technologist assists the surgical team in identifying
patient needs and plans and initiates interventions for resolution
when applicable. The Surgical Technologist demonstrates an
awareness of patient's rights and works to ensure patient privacy,
safety and comfort. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
- Assists in damp dusting light fixtures, tables, Mayo and ring
- Assists in checking supplies, instruments and equipment against
preference card and/or obtaining any missing items.
- Responsible for scrubbing assigned procedures.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs in performing the operation and
provides for a safe and sterile surgical environment.
- Uses supplies and suture judiciously.
- Accurately handles all specimens.
- Assists in cleaning the patient prior to applying surgical
- Assists in the care and maintenance of instruments, equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the location, care and operation of
all surgical instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in cleaning and restocking all the operating
- Initiates and/or assists in updating preference cards.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students,
volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork
essential to ensuring quality patient care
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Current surgical technologist certification or LVN licensure
required for Surgical Tech II. (Certification is not required for
employees hired into surgical technologist position with Medical
Center of Lewisville prior to September 2009).
- Eligibility for certification required for Surgical Tech I, and
certification must be attained within 180 days of graduation from
surgical technology program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology
- Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to Surgical
- Previous experience, as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment. At Medical
City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits
to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different
medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You
can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your
needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k
(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service),
flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate
in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment
programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts;
auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
About Medical City Lewisville:Medical City Lewisville is focused on
providing high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to
providing family-centered care with our experienced,
multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals,
state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate environment. Built
in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and
surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are
licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and
patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than
360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to
make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our
supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative
medicines allow them to best treat you - our treasured patients -
with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and
compassionate setting. Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join
our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lewisville , Surgical Technician, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!