Licensed Vocational Nurse Progressive Care
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Medical City Lewisville
Full Time NightsPosition Summary:
Perform directed practice under the supervision of a registered
nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, physician assistant, or
physician within the scope of the Licensed Vocational Nurse as
defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.General Responsibilities:
Provider of Care:
- Assist in the determination of predictable healthcare needs of
clients within structured healthcare settings who are experiencing
common, well-defined health problems with predictable
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal
directed, and age specific care.
- Collect data and perform focused nursing assessments.
- Participate in the planning of nursing care needs for patients,
and in modifying the nursing care plan for assigned patients.
- Implement appropriate aspects of care within the LVN scope of
practice, including compliance with other laws applicable to the
- Implement the teaching plan for patients with common health
problems and well defined learning needs.
- Provide direct basic care to assigned multiple patients in a
- Assist in the evaluation of the patient's responses and
outcomes to therapeutic interventions.
- Utilize a problem-solving approach as the basis for decision
making in practice.Coordinator of Care:
- Assign specific tasks, activities and functions and maintain
appropriate supervision of unlicensed personnel in structured
health setting for patients with predictable health care
needs.Member of a Profession:
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the quality of
nursing care provided to patients.
- Act as a patient advocate to maintain a safe environment of
care for patients.
- Demonstrate behaviors that promote development of positive
outcomes in relation to the practice of vocational nursing.
- Participate in the management of information and use
therapeutic communication in the clinical practice
- Demonstrate commitment to be an effective member of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Treat all patients and families with dignity, respect and
appreciation of their lifestyle, language, religion and
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current license by the State of Texas as a Licensed Vocational
- American Red Cross Basic Life SupportEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- 1-3 years At Medical City, you have options. You can choose
from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can
enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which
includes vision and dental. You can even select additional a la
carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock
Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and
childcare needs, participate in our tuition
reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid
personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home,
and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.About Medical
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care
to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered
care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare
professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate
environment.Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a
full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour
emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent
customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are
proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare
associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their
professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced
technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you
- our treasured patients - with the highest quality health care in
a comfortable and compassionate setting.Our Talent Acquisition team
is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today
to join our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lewisville , Licensed Vocational Nurse Progressive Care, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!