Sonographer Gen - RVT
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Medical City LewisvilleWeekends (Saturday/Sunday) 7a-11pPosition
Assist Radiologist in performance of quality diagnostic sonography
procedures. Operates ultrasound equipment, develops images,
prepares patient's room, equipment, supplies and medications.
Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Maintains safe
environment for patients, fellow-workers, and visitors. Supports
and helps achieve departmental and hospital goals. Provides service
to all age groups (infant - geriatric).Job Duties and
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students,
volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork
essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis
and resulting complications.
- Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for
- Cleans and disinfects ultrasound room and equipment.
- Performs High Level Disinfection (HLD) on T-Vaginal probe.
- Observes proper safety techniques on all exams.
- Ensures room is properly set up for each type of ultrasound
- Prepares patient for ultrasound exam - explains procedures,
transfer patient to table, position patient and assist patient at
the end of the procedure.
- Produces and videos hard copy images in accordance with
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and
specific films. (Adjust equipment; determines proper contrast,
density and desired exposure time; positions patient; and selects
proper film size.)
- Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports
unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
- Maintains stock supplies (i.e., gel, needles, gloves) and
performs general office duties, (i.e. proper charge codes,
- Inspects and reports ultrasound equipment and rooms and reports
any malfunctions within his/her shift.
- Assists the Radiologist in performance of all diagnostic
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the director,
- Efficient in the operation of the PACS.
- Completes educational activities as assigned.
- Follows proper procedure for infection control.
- Assists physician's offices, outpatients and hospital
associates promptly and courteously.
- Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the
performance of Ultrasound procedure utilizing 2 patient
- Serves as resource for ACR Accreditation.
- Must be registered/eligible by R.D.M.S. If associate does not
hold advanced certification, associate shall obtain within 6 months
of hire/promotion or completion of training program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) by HCA approved
- Graduate of an accredited school of UltrasonographyExperience:
- Previous experience as sonographer in hospital setting
- Must be able to take call restricted to a 30-minute response
time and work Hospital HolidayAt Medical City, you have options.
You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for
you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if
eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select
additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in
our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match -
3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts
for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition
reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid
personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home,
and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.About Medical
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care
to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered
care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare
professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate
environment.Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a
full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour
emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent
customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are
proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare
associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their
professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced
technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you
- our treasured patients - with the highest quality health care in
a comfortable and compassionate setting.Our Talent Acquisition team
is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today
to join our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lewisville , Sonographer Gen - RVT, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!