Registered Nurse Phone Triage - Cardiology Services - Cardiology
Company: Texas Health Resources
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Registered Nurse Phone Triage - Cardiology ServicesRegistered
Nurse Phone Triage - Cardiology Services
Fast-paced, high-volume department is looking for top skilled RN.
Is that you?
Work location: 614 Edmonds Lane, Suite 101, Lewisville, TX
Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday thru Thursday,
8:00am - 5:00pm and Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Travel: 25% to surrounding clinics in Flower Mound & Denton
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) is a not-for-profit physician
organization with more than 250 locations and 800 physicians, nurse
practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing
quality care in clinics and medical offices throughout North
This position will provide RN Phone Triage Cardiology services as
* Responsible for emergent and non-emergent patient calls
* Calling patients with results
* Reviewing pre and post op instructions with patients
* Calling patients to adjust coumadin dosages based off INR
* Other cardiac related itemss based off clinic needs
Here's What You Need
* Associate Degree Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
* Bachelor's Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (preferred)
* 1 year related Experience in a Clinic or Acute Hospital Nursing
* Experience in Specialty Area of Cardiology (strongly
* RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire (required) And
* ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire (required) Or
* BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire (required) And
* Additional Specialty Certifications Upon Hire (may be
A successful RN will
* Will perform general nursing care to patients by following
established standards and procedures.
* May perform specific nursing care as it relates to specialty of
* Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient
* Obtains and documents health history, information on chief
complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses
* Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of
care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
* Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response.
* Refers to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and
community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
* Educates patients and families about health status, health
maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
* Documents patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
* Participates in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care
processes and outcomes.
* Track quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic
* Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Do
Delivers care to patients utilizing the RN Process
* Performs general patient care by following established standards
* have knowledge of nursing processes, health care systems,
structure, functions and community resources
* have understanding of health care technology, equipment, and
* be familiar with state law on nursing care, nurse practice
guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures
* have ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients
* demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take
appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations
* maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients
* possess a strong work ethic and a high level of
Additional perks of being a Texas Health RN
* Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave,
flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment
Program, as well as several other benefits.
* Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing
education, nursing research and innovations in nursing
* Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
* Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
* Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Resources, Lewisville , Registered Nurse Phone Triage - Cardiology Services - Cardiology, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!