Clinical Nurse Coordinator Med/Surg
Company: Medical City Lewisville
Posted on: June 19, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: Full-Time Night Shift (7pm to 7am)Medical City
Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our
community. As a Magnet - recognized facility, licensed for 186
beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and
Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database
of Nursing Quality Indictors.Through our many well established
professional practice councils and shared leadership model, Medical
City Lewisville is committed to listening to our nursing voice;
which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using
evidence-based research.Come join a team where Nurses say:"It's
very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know
one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly
culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that
rivals larger organizations."Position Summary &
Responsibilities:The Clinical Nurse Coordinator Med/Surg, under the
general supervision of the unit's director or designee the CNC
assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In
collaboration with other members of the management team, this
individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality
of patient care services provided in the unit or department.The
- Is a clinical Registered Nurse who can assume care for the
patient population on the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-, family-
and person-centered care.
- Operationalizes evidenced-based practices to enhance patent
safety and quality outcomes.
- Represents the organization positively within the community,
and participates in company-supported and other healthcare related
community/patient events and in-services.
- Will assume leadership responsibility for the management of the
unit in support of the manager/director, including direct
supervision of a portion of the unit/department staff, payroll
editing, performance reviews, coaching and developing staff,
performance management, recognition, and other duties as assigned.
Each CNC on the unit will have designated responsibilities, that
may rotate, within one or more of the following core areas:
- Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
- Patient Experience
- Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
- Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review,
and supply management
- Staff Development including education and competency; New
Graduate (resident) and Preceptor supportWe offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan
repayment progams, and an employee stock purchase program. We would
love to talk to you about this fantastic
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required within 1 year. Magnet -/Pathways - Accredited
hospitals require BSN at time of hire.
- Current Texas RN license or RN compact license.
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- Certification in specialty required within 1 year.
- Completion of charge nurse course required within one year.
- Other leadership training and activity in professional
organizations highly preferredExperience: Two (2) years of clinical
practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/
management experience is preferred.NoticeOur Company's recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Med/Surg, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!