Patient Account Representative - Hospital Claims
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Overview Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm
serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients
forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your
professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Responsibilities The Insurance Patient Account Representative is an
extension of a client's business office staff. Representatives are
responsible for taking in-coming and making out-going calls to
patients and insurance companies to resolve account balances. All
client policies and procedures are followed. Representatives will
perform any and all job-related duties as assigned. This position
will first start as remote, then transition to the Lewisville, TX
office in the near future. Questions regarding this position, you
may contact Chris Rivera (Manager, Talent Acquisition) at .
Essential Job Functions
- Account Review
- Appeals & Denials
- Insurance Follow-up
- Customer Service
- UB-04 & CMS 1500 Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all business-related requests and correspondence from
patients and insurance companies.
- Responsible for working on 40-70 Accounts Per Day
- Complete all assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Assist client and patients in all requested tasks.
- Communicate to Guidehouse management areas of concern or areas
- Research and respond to all patient inquiries received by
telephone and mail.
- Update patient demographic information and initiate account
- Try to resolve account balances to zero prior to accounts being
forwarded to an outside agency for collections.
- High School Diploma minimum
- 1+ year's medical provider experience working with UB04,
appeals & denials.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required. Knowledge and
utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel is
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work
independently with minimal supervision required.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via
email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential
and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and BenefitsGuidehouse offers a comprehensive, total
rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a
flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating
a diverse and supportive workplace.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Lewisville , Patient Account Representative - Hospital Claims, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!