Company: Medical City Lewisville
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Medical Technologist Medical City Lewisville Monday - Friday 1800 -
0230, Weekends as needed Position Summary: To provide quality care
for the patient by performing those tests requested by the
physician and by using technical skills and training, performs
those tests in an expedient, accurate, and professional manner. Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and ensure the "I AM HCA" behavioral standards are
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students,
volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork
essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis
and resulting complications.
- Performs tests accurately.
- Maintains proficiency in all areas of the laboratory.
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance to meet the
individual needs of newborns to geriatric patients.
- Responds effectively to STAT requests.
- Uses good judgment in interpreting results to ensure
- Performs and documents all quality control as specified in a
complete and timely manner.
- Properly documents all remedial action taken to correct any
- Performs and documents all prescribed equipment
- Follows proper procedure for infection control.
- Is familiar with send out procedure.
- Processes patients and specimens in the reception area.
- Registry as a Medical Technologist with the ASCP, AMT, and/or
CLS or registry eligible is required. If registry eligible must
attain registry within 90 days of hire date. Education:
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong course background in chemistry
and biology or military service equivalent. Experience:
- Previous experience in acute care hospital laboratory
preferred. Special Qualifications:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- Job requires ability to work all shifts as required, change
priorities frequently, have good infection control skills, operate
various instruments, computers, follow written instruction and know
current policies and procedures.
- Must be able to handle stress and work well with the public and
the professional staff.
- Can work effectively with all groups. At Medical City, you have
options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan
just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if
eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select
additional -- la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in
our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match -
3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts
for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition
reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid
personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home,
and life insurance options, and adoption assistance. About Medical
City Lewisville: Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing
high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to providing
family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team
of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and
compassionate environment. Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville
is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour
emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent
customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are
proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare
associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their
professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced
technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you
- our treasured patients - with the highest quality health care in
a comfortable and compassionate setting. Our Talent Acquisition
team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your
resume today to join our community of caring! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here . For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option
Keywords: Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!