Seasonal Respiratory Therapist PRN
Company: Medical City Lewisville
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Respiratory Therapist Medical City Lewisville Seasonal
PRN Program Through April 202112 Night Shifts Per Month
Position Summary: The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for
performing respiratory care assessments, performing and planning
interventions, and evaluating outcomes of care. Duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct patient
care, patient/family education, and provision and supervision of
therapeutic treatments. In addition, the Respiratory Therapist
provides clinical management, control and diagnostic evaluation
consistent with the prescribed treatment plan and the policies and
procedures of the Department of Cardio-Respiratory Services. The
Respiratory Therapist performs care consistent with the age
specific and developmental needs of patients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students,
volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork
essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis
and resulting complications.
- Performs respiratory assessments.
- Administers respiratory treatments.
- Set up and manage ventilators.
- Administer medications.
- Obtain arterial blood gas, sampling and analyzing.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Provide patient/family education.
- Document interventions.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Monitor patient status and response to therapy.
- Maintains a clean work environment and department
- Remove equipment after use and make ready for next use
- Functions as Team Lead, when needed
- Texas licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart
Association (AHA) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) through the
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) and Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP); (ACLS, NRP, and PALS within 6 months
of hire date or Job Description change date which ever is later,
NRP only needed if working in NICU).
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Respiratory
- Demonstrated experience in related clinical area or
demonstrated ability to acquire new skills.
- Clinically proficient in respiratory care, demonstrating
knowledge of the developmental needs of neonate/infant, pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth
opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental,
flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program and
employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity!
About Medical City Lewisville: is focused on providing high-quality
care to our community. We are dedicated to providing
family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team
of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical
and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are
licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and
patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than
360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to
make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our
supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative
medicines allow them to best treat you -- our treasured patients --
with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for
interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice Our Company-'s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville , Seasonal Respiratory Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!