Posted on: November 23, 2022
Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Operations is responsible
for the overall operation and performance of a sterilization
facility. This Director, Operations opportunity is in our Lewiston,
TX facility. This is a very hands-on position overseeing the
following facility functions; Operations, Sterilization Validation,
Quality Assurance, Safety & Training.DUTIES AND
- Facilitates the interaction of all functions within the
- Ensures that customer product is processed safely, efficiently
and in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Seeks continuous improvement in all areas of operation with a
focus on safety, quality, productivity and operational efficiency,
maintenance, and cost control/reduction.
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements to
include, but not limited to: FDA, OSHA and ISO.
- Administers and manages annual budgets for capital and
operating expenses in support of corporate objectives and operates
- Represents the organization to industry groups, key customers,
representatives of government and regulatory agencies.
- Works with human resources to implement short- and long-range
operating objectives, facility organizational structure, staffing
requirements and succession plans.
- Implements critical strategies to secure competitive advantage
in business processes/systems, efficient workflow, cycle time
reductions, supplier relationships and alliances, quality and
- Analyzes facility statistical data and makes decisions based on
- Integrates activities between facility departments to solve
problems associated with sustaining product, which include
improvements to existing processes and tooling/equipment, and new
- Interfaces with Senior Executive Team members to optimize
resources from each functional area including safety, finance,
sales, engineering, human resources and Quality to drive results
and support the sterilization strategy.
- Practices all health and safety procedures and makes safety a
top priority. Accountable for a clean, safe, environmentally
responsible manufacturing operation.
- Achieves maximum levels of productivity, ensuring that the
business benefits from the lowest possible cost and best value.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Supervises the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager,
all Sterilization Validation and other Facility personnel as
needed. Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate Degree Required within a science related field
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in a production
environment, Operations or Manufacturing environment, including 3-5
years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in the
medical equipment or Lab services industry.
- Specific experience within the Operations function in the
medical device or Lab services industry.
- Strong general business knowledge and a strong operations
- Strong understanding of systems and the key drivers within an
- Strong knowledge of compliance, quality and safety as relates
to all regulatory agencies, including FDA, OSHA and ISO.
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, relationship building,
mentoring, training and project management experience and
- Balance of strategic and tactical thinking skills. Skilled in
analyzing and drawing information for long-term strategic change
and improvement for the site.
- Ability to work comfortably within a fast paced and matrixed
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Effective leadership, judgment and interpersonal skills and the
ability to interface with all levels across the entire
- Results-oriented with a positive, professional attitude and a
sense of urgency to get things done.
- Above average computer skills in the area of analysis using
databases/spreadsheets, Microsoft Outlook and Teams. Steri-Tek
offers medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, and paid
holiday and paid time off.
Keywords: Steri-Tek, Lewisville , Director Operations, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!