Customer Service Manager
Company: E.C. Barton & Company
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Department: Seconds & Surplus
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
General Description: Is responsible for overseeing the daily
operations the front end, while making sure that all staff is
trained, following safety regulations, and guidelines, as well as
ensuring that our customer's needs are being met with the best
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate as a "Working Manager." A Working Manager is an
individual that gets involved in the daily activities and performs
any job duties necessary to keep the store and the front end
operating at maximum efficiency.
- Manges the entire front-end process and procedures that will
include load assist, overrides, and customers calls for
- Delivers excellent service to ensure high levels of customer
satisfaction. Responds to customer complaints and concerns in a
timely and professional manner.
- Assigns partners to specific duties as needed.
- Plus other activities may be assigned as needed
Job Duties :
- Receiving and placing customer service telephone calls
- Maintaining solid customer relationships by handing questions
and concerns with accuracy and professionalism
- Using point of sale system
- Resolving or escalating customer issues/complaints
- Working closely with your piers to ensure the highest level of
- Be a team Player and contribute to building a positive
- Provide top notch customer service
- Operate point of sale system
- Assist with inventory counts
- Maintain store appearance to provide an enjoyable and safe
Directly supervises 1-10 partners in the Seconds & Surplus store.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing
work; as well as addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Performance Behaviors To perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following performance
- Managing Front End - Focus on maintaining a clean, and
organized department, at all times. Manages all customers picks,
open orders, load assist, sold bays, and may order supplies.
Effectively trains staff on all front end polices and
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason
even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality and effectively communicates
with all partners.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the
responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work
independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities;
Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires
and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition to
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED is required. 2 years supervisor
experience in a related field.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words
and to recognize similarities and differences between words and
between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must climb
ladders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: E.C. Barton & Company, Lewisville , Customer Service Manager, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!