Front-End Manager - Salaried
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Position Title: Front End ManagerDepartment:
OperationsSupervisor: Branch ManagerFLSA: Exempt (Salaried)Position
Summary:Ensures that product is properly loaded, rung up and
processed accurately and timely as well as handling customer
problems and issues to develop a spirit of positive customer
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and works alongside cashiers,
front-end loaders, checkers and U-boat retrieval
- Ensures safe operating procedures are followed.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, firing and promoting of
- Prevents long lines and delayed customer checkouts by
anticipates busy times of each day, week and/or season and
developing weekly schedules for cashiers and loaders including
lunches and breaks.
- As part of loss prevention, ensures all employees at registers
are performing cart to cart transfers when processing sales.
- Secures front end by making sure the loaders and cashiers do
not exchange information on counts from the receipt.
- Ensures that loaders are loading wagons and assisting customers
to the parking lot.
- Monitors loaders to make sure that they load all product and
check any open boxes to ensure integrity/security of product being
- Ensures loaders are loading and conducting piece counts and
calling off to supervisors.
- Ensures that the front end has proper staffing and operating
equipment to allow quick and accurate checkout. Including scanners
- Ensures that cashiers are checking big boxes to ensure the
integrity of the ring-up.
- Ensures Front End Supervisors are checking all wagons at point
of exit for proper date, name on top of receipt, number of receipt
total of last receipt, and matches total on yellow paid
- Reviews cashier and loader errors and documents in log, for
them to sign.
- Handles adjustments, returns, over rings, voids, etc. so as to
maintain a smooth flow of customers.
- Keeps logs of items not properly labeled to make sure they are
corrected on floor.
- Monitors cashiers to make sure they are following through on
their job responsibilities concerning loading of goods onto wagons,
checking of receipts and counts, as well as ringing/scanning of
- Assures that customer problems are handled quickly so as not to
allow the cashier or loader to have words with the customer.
- Maintains dialogue with customers to get feedback on items not
found, and quality of service on the floor.
- Maintains a New Item Request log which is reviewed weekly with
the Branch Manager.
- Ensures that customers have adequate supply of wagons that are
working and roll easy.
- Makes sure that employees in front end are properly dressed and
wearing their name tags.
- Assigns employees in slow periods to do other work, such as
return or processing of damages, sweeping and cleaning of F/E and
parking lot area.
- Ensures all supervisors are completing a minimum of 5 test
checks per day they work.
- Maintains integrity of F/E displays and stocking areas.
- Ensure registers are stocked with the Rate Us Cards, flyers,
hot sheets, store maps, etc.The preceding responsibilities are
representative of the responsibilities performed by this position
and are not intended to be inclusive.Other Responsibilities:
- Performs other work-related duties as required and
assigned.Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR High School Diploma of GED with at least 4
years experience in customer service or related field, OR any
appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive
- Commitment to company values and strong customer
- Computer LiteracyWork Environment:
- For the most part the ambient will be room temperature, due to
proximity of work-station to the exit doors, room temperature may
change according to the season and the level of activity at the
store.Acknowledgement:I fully understand the responsibilities and
qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am
capable of performing the required functions.I understand that this
is my position and agree to inform management at such time that I
believe that my daily job functions, including the right to
interview new hires, recommend hires and recommend terminations, do
not fit the outlined above.
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Lewisville , Front-End Manager - Salaried, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!