Director, Distribution and Logistics
Company: Orthofix Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Why Orthofix? - - -Come join our global team of dedicated
professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate
every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of
patients. -At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and
the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be
Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! -As an Orthofix employee, you
will become an integral part of our culture by continually
demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while
making an impact to our vision "To be a highly respected global
orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our
patients, customers, team members, partners and
shareholders."Director, Distribution and LogisticsHow you'll make a
difference?As the Director of Distribution and Logistics you will
report to the SVP Global Operations and will lead the teams
responsible for domestic and international customer experience,
warehousing, distribution and logistics for product and loaner kits
within the Lewisville, TX location. In this position you will also
accountable for the inventory management within the Lewisville, TX
warehouse and in the field. This position demonstrates the ability
to collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Finance,
Planning & Procurement, and internal/external customers to meet or
exceed service level commitments for product delivery. As the
Director of Distribution and Logistics you will deliver targeted
KPIs, budget and forecasted targets. The position is capable of
identify best practices involving process, talent and technologies
that drives continuous improvement throughout their
organization.What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?Nothing
in this job description restricts management's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the team by
recruiting, retaining, and developing world-class, diverse
- Set the tone for excellence, for servicing customer's needs,
and meeting or exceeding customer's service level agreements
- Lead efforts to continually create a competitive advantage
within the order to cash cycle by deploying best practices in sales
order, field inventory, and loaner inventory management,
subcontracting, logistics/transportation, and distribution.
- Contribute to financial performance optimization through the
execution of sound inventory management strategies and fostering
strategic partnerships with the customer and distributor
- Manage sales order processing, inventory requisitions, field
inventory, and warehouse operations resources to meet or exceed
Sales and Operations targets.
- Maximize the logistics of the inventory management system
through technology, efficiencies, and accuracies in accordance with
established policies and procedures ensuring compliance with
Quality and GMP.
- Proactively deploy best practices seeking standardization
across processes, systems, and tools to minimize redundancy, reduce
cycle times, increase inventory availability, and optimize
- Regular attendance required.What skills will you need?
- Must have 10-15 years directly related experience in broad,
end-to-end Integrated Order to Cash Cycle Management, preferably in
complex, program-driven industries with national distributor
networks; Specific industry related experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead large, complex teams and
processes delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Must possess effective presentation and communication skills
with the ability to handle crucial and difficult
- Must have proven leadership as a change agent capable to drive
change at multiple levels of the organization through influencing
others toward improvement, adaption, and innovation on
- Must have proven experience delivering process re-engineering
and continuous improvement project.
- A strong understanding of end-to-end Order to Cash processes,
including Lean and Six Sigma principles, that support inventory
planning, sales order management, loaner inventory management, and
- Must demonstrate operational financial acumen regarding cash
flow, margin improvement, working - -capital, inventory turns and
- Possess a proven track record of assembling and leading strong
integrated teams including coaching/mentoring experience within a
- A track record of recruiting, retaining, and developing other
- Metrics-oriented, knowing what to measure and how. You draw
insights from data to understand where performance is strong and
where there are opportunities to improve.
- Knowledge of International Regulatory, GMP, FDA and ISO
- Experience with ERP (Oracle), Inventory/WMS, Microsoft Office
Suite, 3PL applications knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a business-related field is
required; a master's degree is desired.
- Ability to travel internationally.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct and indirectPhysical Demands and Work Conditions The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time;
frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment
daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally
required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 20
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level
- Travel required up to 50%, therefore must be able to utilize
airplane, taxi, and car.Orthofix complies with all applicable
federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to
federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Orthofix Holdings, Inc., Lewisville , Director, Distribution and Logistics, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!