Manager - Business Systems Development
Company: Ally Financial
Posted on: January 11, 2022
General informationCareer areaTechnologyCountryUnited StatesWork
Location(s)12850 W. Gran Bay Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL, 17500 Chenal
Parkway, Little Rock, AR, 2911 Lake Vista Drive, Lewisville, TX,
500 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MIStateTexasCityLewisville,
TXRemote?NoRef #10364Posted DateWednesday, January 5, 2022Working
timeFull-timeAlly and Your CareerAlly Financial only succeeds when
its people do - and that's more than some clich-- people put on job
postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people -
with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all
important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our
teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion.
From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we
strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch
themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and
learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your
opportunities be, too?The OpportunityThis position will lead a team
responsible for identifying, creating, and providing solutions and
support to operations for one or more systems. The team serves as
the primary interface between business and technology partners;
defining system requirements and documentation as dictated by the
specific project, developing unique technical solutions as dictated
by the specific project, configuring systems as dictated by the
specific project, developing testing plans and supporting portfolio
planning process. They will actively work with business partners to
identify opportunities to maximize technology investments and drive
operational efficiencies. Collaborates with support partners to
provide business with training, communication and compliance
support for technologies managed. Manages team's work based on
overall objectives and deliverables for department, system and
operational partner. Sets goals for team, prioritizes work and
makes decisions based on guidance from senior manager, policies,
procedures and business plan. Sets and drives strategic direction
for the team. Frequently interfaces with senior leaders in the
business and IT regarding system performance and project status.
Develops direct reports skill set within technology supported and
overall project management.The Work Itself
- Lead team in collaboration with business partners in the
development of requirements and documented as dictated by the
specific project for technical solutions that enable the business
to meet objectives.
- Proactively provide technology-based solutions to operations in
support of their business objectives.
- Develop strategic plan and processes to drive team improvement
- Lead project portfolio activities for technologies managed;
ensure projects are completed within schedule and communication
routines are followed.
- Develop and coach team on project management and technology
- Personally lead large scale or high profile projects.
- Work collaboratively with IT partners to prioritize application
defects - enhancements for release.
- Provide recommendations regarding solutions/fixes and
- Participate in user groups, industry conferences, etc., to
provide operations with current industry trends and new
- Effectively manage technology related operational risks;
identify area of risk and develop systematic controls.
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate change
controls to align with governance and prioritization routines.
- Facilitate prioritization meetings and approvals with all
- Manage administrative duties as required: Performance
Management, Time Reporting, PTO, IDP/training plans, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Master's degree (MBA)
- 5+ years' experience in financial services or related industry;
including 3+ in a leadership role preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a highly complex matrix
environment, including external vendors.
- Subject matter expertise in business process and/or technology
- Business and/or IT experience preferred.
- Project Management/Business Analyst Certification (or
equivalent work experience) highly preferred.
- Ability to manage remote resources (internal and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in facilitating project teams.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access,
- Able to travel overnight (25-50% +/-).How We'll Have Your
BackAlly's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay
and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving
personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or
total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to
support and enrich your personal and professional life,
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off,
including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with
an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and
company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance
programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and
insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health
Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being
program that helps you and your family stay on track physically,
socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support
as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and
adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters -
Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight
Watchers - program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial
services company with passionate customer service and innovative
financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it
Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our
consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more
information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status,
military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason
protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will
not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of
performing the essential functions of the job with or without
Keywords: Ally Financial, Lewisville , Manager - Business Systems Development, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!