Sr. Commodity Manager
Company: Overhead Door Corporation
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Position Function :-- Experienced commodity manager with
experience executing global sourcing and supply chain initiatives,
strategic planning, and global procurement of raw materials and
components. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and drives strategic direction across multiple
- Lead, mentor, and coach members of a commodity team--
- Experienced in continually driving a cultural shift in the
organization with sustainable results
- Provide supplier evaluation and selection, contract drafting
and negotiation, relationship management and business awards.
- Interfaces with other departments and outside suppliers
resolving any purchasing related problems that may arise. Provide
product availability to Production Control and Manufacturing.
- Maintains a cost saving approach to purchasing by continual
investigation of new sources of supply and new processes on a
- Coordinate efforts to review make vs. buy decisions, supplier
quality improvement, advance quality planning and continuous
- Develop and implement offshoring / outsourcing strategies to
provide optimized supply chain solutions
- Measure supplier performance and provide reports to operations
management and back to suppliers to encourage continual improvement
of processes and products/services.
- Participate and support in design and development teams and new
- Develop strategy and analysis to support effective
- Negotiate annual buys and long-term agreements.
- Project manages programs that deliver best-in-class cost and
- Monitors pertinent markets and defines how changes will impact
supply and pricing conditions.
- Maintains updated purchasing records ensuring accuracy of input
- Forecasts and performs associated duties to meet departmental
financial deliverables, goals, and objectives. Other
- Travels several times a year, either in a group or alone, to
visit current or prospective suppliers domestically and
internationally. Skills/Experience Requirements:
- 10 to 15 years--- experience in executing purchasing
initiatives, strategic planning and global procurement in a
high-volume manufacturing environment.--
- Experience managing direct reports
- Working knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Purchasing Law and Uniform Commercial
- Proficient in MRP, OEM---s, J.I.T; and Oracle or JD Edwards
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in purchasing diverse commodity groups such as steel
and aluminum castings, extrusions, metal stampings, build to print
tooling, with the ability to quickly develop a working knowledge
and become effective in new commodities.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing. Education
- Bachelor---s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or
related field. MBA preferred.
- CPM or APICS certification a plus.
Keywords: Overhead Door Corporation, Lewisville , Sr. Commodity Manager, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!