Demand Planning Manager
Company: Hoya Vision Care
Posted on: March 16, 2020
Position Objective: As Manager of Americas Demand Planning you
will create and manage forecasts, design process improvements, next
generation planning systems and perform data analytics for all Hoya
Americas operations across all brands. You will work with Sales,
Marketing, Global S&OP management and Material Planning
personnel to understand demand and supply needs and to support the
Americas operational goals and S&OP objectives. You will be
developing end-to-end demand planning solutions as well as managing
related project execution. It is essential that the incumbent of
this role thinks strategically, connects the supply chain dots,
sees the big picture and is comfortable in the deliverables.
Scope: Manage forecasts, design process improvements and perform
data analytics for Hoya Americas. Work with Sales, Marketing Global
S&OP Team, Planning and Logistics to align demand and supply.
Develop end-to-end demand planning solutions as well as manage
related project execution. Bring together and align business
objectives, financial targets and supply and demand. Drive a
collaborative decision-making process that balances functional
goals and constraints. Move to a mid/long range "unconstrained"
Sales Demand Forecasting that can be used for global capacity
- Consolidates Sales/Demand forecasts for the Americas to provide
Sales/Demand forecasts that will show Global Mass the total Demand
picture for the Americas.
- Review the forecast valuation for each reporting entity and
compares to financial and sales projections. When required,
establishes a corrective action plan with country management
leaders that ensures amended forecasts accordingly.
- Supports and captures key business drivers (e.g. market share,
trade/promotional activity, inventory requirements, competitive
activity) to understand their impact on current and future
forecasts. Translates that insight into improvements in forecast
- Collaborates with Marketing, Product Management, Planning teams
to plan for new product introductions (NPI) and product end-of-life
(EOL) to minimize obsolescence.
- Creates and manages SKU forecast to support service demand,
minimize logistical costs and optimize inventory levels.
- Partners with stakeholders to assure forecasts can be
translated into actionable supply chain plans that both optimize
inventory levels and maximizes customer service.
- Coordinates with Marketing, Materials Planning and global mass
production operations for liquidation or redeployment of excess
inventories across company regions.
- Chairs and coordinates Monthly Inventory S&OP Review for
the Americas Region.
- Works fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment
involving Supply Chain, Operations, Global Mass Manufacturing,
Sales, Marketing and Product Management.
- Ensures (cross regional) best practices and policies related to
monthly S&OP cadence are developed, managed and are adhered to
throughout the Americas planning processes.
- Continuously look to improve the demand planning forecast
accuracy and bias for the Americas.
- Other duties may be assigned. Competencies: To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Displays high integrity, honesty and deep sense of caring about
the success of the company and its employees.
- Must display analytical and problem-solving skills and be able
to design processes.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and furnish in
written, oral, diagram or scheduling form.
- Innovative skills and ability to build the Demand Planning
structure from the ground up.
- Has a clear vision about S&OP process.
- Down-to-earth, is open to constructive criticism and converts
instruction into action.
- Transparent, gives a good example in the organization.
- Responds promptly to management needs; responds to requests for
updates and progress reports in concise and effective manner.
- Has ability to communicate and interact with all levels of
management and project team leaders.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to
improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure
- Responds quickly to management direction; takes responsibility
for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work
when necessary to achieve goals; completes tasks on time.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years relevant experience within Supply Chain
- Prior experience in S&OP management is preferred.
- Bachelor's or master's degree required. With Supply Chain
disciplines or Finance preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge of Demand Planning management
- Understands the commercial drivers of Marketing and Sales with
prior experience in the Optical Industry a preferred plus.
- Ability to work with demand planning systems and business
- It is essential that the incumbent of the role think
strategically, connects the dots in the bigger picture and is
comfortable in the details of their deliverables. Communication:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business.
- Ability to effectively present informational reports and
respond to questions from group managers.
- Ability to influence others, persuasively present thoughts and
ideas, inspire commitment and ensure the support of others.
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite, Enterprise Resource Planning
(ERP) automation systems.
Travel Requirements: Some domestic and international travel may be
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of job, the employee may occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet.
Not Exclusive: The duties outlined in this document are not limited
to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from
time to time to perform additional duties by your Manager or
another member of Hoya Management. Other details
Keywords: Hoya Vision Care, Lewisville , Demand Planning Manager, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!