Customer Service Support Manager
Company: Hoya Vision Care
Posted on: March 15, 2020
SUMMARY The Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing
a team of Customer Service Representatives serving Hoya Eye Care
Professional customers. Manager is responsible for all departmental
planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling customer service
department and CSR activities while ensuring the customer needs are
met. Manager handles daily operational responsibility, customer
escalations, CSR coaching and counseling, and enterprise level
management functions. Manager is accountable to the director for
the team's performance metrics and for hitting defined goals and
targets. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manager should have general Hoya CS proficiency with regard to
order placement and management, systems and tools, products and
customers to be able to handle escalations, account management and
coaching and counseling.
- Manage customer relationships, handle escalations, ensure
proactive relationship management is taking place.
- Coordinates manpower requirements by increasing or decreasing
personnel and approves overtime to meet changing conditions.
Adjusts staffing schedules for real time demand and long term
- Monitor attendance, vacation, and hours worked of
- Monitor performance of direct reports and provide prompt and
objective coaching in accomplishing goals and job performance;
write and conduct performance reviews; reward and discipline
- Performance quality management - work closely with the Quality
Assurance lead to monitor and assess performance. Use QA
information to incorporate into coaching, training, and performance
- Communicate with customers who are dissatisfied with the
product and suggest ways to resolve the issue.
- Work closely with employees to ensure proper training and
cross-training is provided to employees on all processes and
equipment, and ensure standard operating procedures are
- Monitor, schedule, and maintain customer service activities by
coordinating employees around customer demand.
- Ensure policies and procedures that are in place are being
followed for production efficiency, safety, and compliance with
company and state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Responsible for working with Territory Sales Managers and other
Sales team management to resolving customer issues and
- Maintain strong working relationship with Sales, Marketing, and
- Work with Dallas lab and other Hoya sister labs to ensure
strong partnership with regard to account relationships and job
related issue management
- Responsible for processing and approving customer credits when
an issue arises.
- Assist and support the customer service representatives in
resolving and expediting delayed and multiple breakage jobs..
COMPETENCIES To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops
alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving
situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer
feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and
assistance. Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without
interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Schedule flexibility - be able to start early or stay late on
occasion to support needs of the team.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
Responds well to questions. Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and
welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments. Matches the
responsibility to the person. Gives authority to work
independently. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires
and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Gives
appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making,
facilitating, and process improvement. Takes responsibility for
subordinates' activities. Makes self available to staff. Provides
regular performance feedback. Develops subordinates' skills and
encourages growth. Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal
and external). Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes,
products, and services. Continually works to improve supervisory
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences. Educates others on the value of diversity. Promotes a
harassment-free environment. Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments.
Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically.
Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports
organization's goals and values. Benefits organization through
outside activities. Respects diversity. QUALIFICATIONS Education
- High School Diploma or GED Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the optical industry
- 3 years managing customer service in a call center
- 2 - 4 years of management experience Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing with a variety of people. Bilingual (Spanish) is a
plus but not necessary
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in stressful
- Must have excellent relationship building skills
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to successfully manage
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in
strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources,
leadership techniques, and coordination of people and
- Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths/weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems in
order to choose the most appropriate one
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Expected to travel to Dallas for training (2 weeks) and one
leadership meeting annually. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing
the duties of this job, the employee must be capable of sitting and
standing for extended periods of time and speaking in a
professional manner in person and via phone. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job. NON EXCLUSIVE The
duties outlined in this document are not limited to what is
presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from time to time
to perform additional duties by your supervisor.
Keywords: Hoya Vision Care, Lewisville , Customer Service Support Manager, Executive , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!