Data Engineer I
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Data Engineer I for our
Plano, TX facility. USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each
employee and the employees manager.As a Data Engineer I the
candidate will be part of the Agency team and they will participate
in USAAs data modernization journey. The team is currently working
on migrating from legacy data platforms to Snowflake and
cloud-based tools. This journey will enable our team to start
utilizing advanced capabilities in the cloud for advanced analytics
& reporting. Our current data platforms provide limited analytical
capabilities, and the candidate will be able to join the team thats
redefining the way USAA utilizes data for reporting, ML & AI. Data
Engineers (DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management
lifecycle. This includes gathering and analyzing requirements,
collecting, processing, storing, securing, and archiving data.
Develop and maintain technical systems for data reporting and
technical solutions utilizing emerging technologies. Partner with
the business to ensure data management solutions aligned to
business objectives.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.ABOUT
USAA ITOur most important qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.We are over
5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative
team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld
100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently
named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce
Diversity Magazine.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Independently conducts work on the full life cycle of data
engineering to include analysis, solution design, data pipeline
engineering, testing, deployment, scheduling, and production
- Design and implement complex technical solutions for data
engineering and analytic systems.
- Identify and solve significant technical problems and
architecture deficiencies to include design, security, and
- Collaborate on design reviews by providing feedback on trends
and make recommendations for solutions.
- Breakdown business features and into technical stories and
approaches. Influences stakeholders in technical adoption for best
- Analyze data, identify trends, and makes innovative
recommendations that enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes that drive the vision
and the outcome for complex initiatives to be delivered.
- Collaborate with the team and other engineers on new
technologies and alternatives to plan and execute complex
assignments and tasks.
- Help on-board entry level engineers. May begin mentoring junior
- Acquire data from multiple data sources and maintain resulting
databases, data warehouses, and/or data lakes.
- Assists to develop, maintain, and enforce the companys data
development tools and standards. Conduct code reviews on a regular
basis to improve quality and ensure compliance.MINIMUM
- Bachelors Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the
minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Approved certification from an approved academy in one of the
following fields: Web Development, Data Science, Cyber Cloud,
Systems Engineering or Software Engineering.
- 4 years of data engineering, data analysis or software
development experience implementing data solutions with at least 1
year of data engineering or data management experience.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience in SQL and
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses.PREFERRED
- Expertise in Informatica, DataStage or other ELT tools
- Snowflake experience
- DBT hands-on experience or the willingness to learn DBT on the
- Physical modeling experienceThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200-
$158,900* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is Not Available for this
Keywords: USAA, Lewisville , Data Engineer I, Engineering , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!