Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Medical City LewisvillePosition Summary:
The Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for directing
disbursement activities for proper reporting of facility expenses
and daily activities to ensure all disbursements are processed and
paid timely and in compliance with policies and procedures. The
Coordinator will perform various tasks relating to generating
accurate and timely Financial Statements and assistance to all
Accounting Staff. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve
department and inter-department processes.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers
and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to
ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and
- Continuously strives to identify methods to control costs.
- Completes assigned monthly general ledger journal entries
- Prepares reconciliation's of assigned balance sheet accounts
and submits them to the Assistant Controller for review. .
- Completes assigned workpapers as needed
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Functions as backup in the event of an absence or vacancy of
other accounting staff.
- Coordinates Accounts Payable processes to include Lawson A/P
Work Flow, Purchase orders and Non-purchase orders.
- Coordinates proper resolution for various disbursement
- Coordinates "P Card" reviews to ensure proper expense reporting
and approvals per policy.
- Coordinates month end reports, journal entries and balance
sheet reconciliation to ensure documents are in compliance with SOX
- Coordinates financial systems training to staff and leaders as
- Acts as department Vital Records Liaison
- Coordinates Referral Source payment requests to ensure proper
documentation and approvals are received.
- Coordinates Contract reviews to ensure valid disbursement
- Coordinates year-end 1099 process.
- Performs facility cash reconciliations and reviews per Internal
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- General accounting knowledge and skills.
- Working knowledge of the General Ledger Host system.
- Working knowledge of windows environment programs.
- Working knowledge of Accounts Payable and supporting
programs.At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a
variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll
in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes
vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte
benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock
Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and
childcare needs, participate in our tuition
reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid
personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home,
and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.About Medical
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care
to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered
care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare
professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate
environment.Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a
full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour
emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent
customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are
proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare
associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their
professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced
technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you
- our treasured patients - with the highest quality health care in
a comfortable and compassionate setting.Our Talent Acquisition team
is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today
to join our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Lewisville , Sr Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!